Statue Sideshow-Weta King Theoden Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Josh

Ringer @ Heart
Reaction score
Got this one a while back from a fellow freak. Loved the statue when I had it the first time and glad to have it back.

IMG_9046_zps04154309.jpg

IMG_9070_zps51918eea.jpg

IMG_9075_zpsf2987c99.jpg

IMG_9086_zpsd995aadc.jpg

IMG_9092_zps8172eef1.jpg

IMG_9100_zpsf1757082.jpg

IMG_9114_zpsf054d101.jpg

IMG_9120_zps8164dfeb.jpg

IMG_9127_zps263446cf.jpg

Nice Josh! :clap This is a nice King Theoden statue. The armour is simply awesome! The face is okay; the bust resembles Bernard Hill more facially. But this is a great-looking statue nonetheless. I have it and always look at it and I'm impressed each time. Did you repaint the golden parts of his armour? Mine's colour is a bit faded but that's how it came. I might do a bit of touch-up when I get the time.:pray:

Thanks! Yeah, it's a pretty sweet statue IMO. I love the armor of Rohan and Gondor as well. All the armors of Middle-earth are just really great looking. I think the likeness is spot on but the bust is even a bit better and is a piece on my radar. No, it came that way from the freak I bought it from. I've been lucky both times mine have been really good.

Great statue and crappy painting, I do not think there is one that is well painted, and the sword, ugh, I have mine way down on the lower shelf and the sword is nowhere to be seen.

Great statue and crappy painting, I do not think there is one that is well painted, and the sword, ugh, I have mine way down on the lower shelf and the sword is nowhere to be seen.

It is a great statue but I would disagree that there aren't ones with good painting. I personally think mine is really well done except the sword hilt. I do remember seeing a few that were more ally messed up luckily I've been able to avoid that.

Love this piece. Theoden was only one of two I kept from my original collection of SS/W statues

Yeah, it was one of the first pieces I went back to get. Awesome statue.

It's not necro-posting but it ain't far off. :wink1:

Good to see the Originals given an airing again. They certainly have a great look and quality about them and set in motion some great collections over the years. Didn't WETA put a picture of the old King stepping off the rock in they WETA guide :lol

Love this piece for the armour detail along with Elrond, Easterling and the dying Haradrim (THE most underated piece of art punished simply for it's pose :lecture )

I couldn't find a thread. I looked I promise. :)

I wanted to take pictures of things I had rebought but also the only pics I had was with my not so great digital camera. I've gotten a little better so I wanted to update my shots. The SSW line is superb it is something special for many of us who are fans of Middle-earth. I don't remember I'll have to look.

Agreed! The detail is fantastic on all of those and I have a Haradrim coming back into the collection.

The paint work on mine is spot on.

And why would you not have the sword? That must look VERY odd!! :cuckoo:

Save your money and get some glasses then take a real good look! :pfft:

Actually it looks pretty damn good with no sword, that thing one calls a sword look like a crappy piece of plastic, try it and see.

Back