Would you want to display this many 1/6 scale figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khev

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
From someone on Rebelscum:

basement-figurecase.jpg

To me that's way too excessive. You could have the most spot-on perfect likenesses on figures throughout the majority of the collection and all anyone would really notice is that its just a crapload of SW figures. Add a new prized figure (or five for that matter) and the collection looks the same. Same thing if you remove a few.

But that could be your end result if you want to be a completist or get sucked into PPO fever every time.

I've said I'm PF only but that isn't really the case as I eagerly anticipate Qui Gon's arrival tomorrow, Darth Maul in a month or two, and possibly a few others like Bespin Luke. So I can't really say I'm "out" of the 1/6 game I'm just not fully in. :D

Here's that same guy's collection of 12 inch PT figures and while sizeable it isn't *too* bad:

basement-prequelfigurecase.jpg

But to me this is just classy:

IMG_0004.JPG

And this:

IMG_0282.JPG

And this:

zap.jpg

Hardly 100-150 figures but a great representation of the line and the merits of each piece really call attention to themselves. You can always collect a bunch, keep most in storage and rotate a few out every few weeks or so to have a more minimalist display. What is your ideal display size and how would they be arranged?

damn those lotr figures look awesome, cant wait for those.

Hmm... seeing that collection like that gives me some perspective.

That kind of shelving system isn't too attractive and doesn't do the toys justice.

:D

In excess and all squeezed together, the 1/6 of ANY line will look cheesy. You have to spread them around and space them. People shouldn't just collect them to get as many as possible. They should collect them to display then and have them as a physical representation for the love of the figure. I mean having 27 jedi figures in a 5x5 display case just isn't cutting it. It's not display worthy and it's not letting the figure stand of its own.

i say if you have the space and proper display shelving/cabinets then go for it. otherwise, rotate them in and out. i plan on getting some of the "floating" shelves from Ikea and putting up one shelf for each Episode then have individual shelves for horror,LOTR, and whatever.

Yeah, its all about the display when it comes to a lot of figures. I think that JML's collection is a great example. He has a crapload of 1/6 SS figures, but they are all in respective shelves and you can clearly see the figures.

But its also about personal taste, I'm not thrilled with the first person's display, but it looks like they really put time and effort into it, so more power to them.

To be fair, all the Hasbro figures can do is just stand there - they look silly when you attempt to pose them. I plan on being a completeist, but I try and pose the figures with a bit of attitude. I have all the Buffy figures displayed and they're pretty crowded, but the large base makes some space between them so it doesn't look too cluttered.

This is why I try to stick with just picking up favorite characters. If I collected everything from every property I like, I'd be swimming in dolls and statues.

TheObsoleteMan said:
This is why I try to stick with just picking up favorite characters. If I collected everything from every property I like, I'd be swimming in dolls and statues.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I too only buy what I like. Plus, I'm poor so I couldn't be a completist even if I wanted too. :rotfl :rotfl

to each his own i guess. i like it. though it would never last in my office since my 1 1/2 year old is personally and morally affronted by any semblance of order and balance.

my mood normally determines what and how much is on display (and the reach of my youngest). right now the only 1/6th stuff i have 'displayed' are the new ssc figures on my desk shelf mainly because i haven't unpacked everything else.

Last edited:
He does have a pretty impressive and comprehensive collection of Hasbro/Kenner figs... Like Dave said, there really isn't a whole lot you can do with the Hasbro but stack them like so much clutter.

Other than that, What a cool collection!

The problem with his collection probably isn't the toys, but how he's arranged them. for instance... there's no rhyme or reason why one figure stands next to another!

Why is slave leia next to hoth han? Why is a tusken raider next to a death star gunner? Sloppy display is all I can say. It's complete clutter even for the biggest of star wars fans.

Gruson said:
Horrible.

I hate clutter.

Quality over quantity.

Oh we know about your quality Gruson. I've seen your pics, I want to come and jack all your stuff and claim it as my own...my own....my preccccccious.

I had a similar display of all my Hasbro 3 3/4 stuff and though I liked it I quickly ran out of space and hated not being able to display everything. Since switching to 1/6 figures,MR scaled replicas and the occasional GG mini bust my collection is much smaller but I'm able to display it all without any clutter which is a vast improvement.

Last edited:
Back