Action Figure 1:6 Raiders Dutch Bible Progress Build COMPLETED! Pics on #28

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Figure5901

Super Freak
Reaction score
One book I've been wanting to build is the large Dutch bible from Raiders. This is the book from which Indy shows the Federal agents the picture of the ark. Well thanks to Captnemo42 who also suggested it I finally got started. I thought it might interest some to see this project as it progresses. This is obviously a more difficult build over my 1:6 grail diary and Ravenwood journal. Since we only see one page inside the book that gives me some artistic freedom on the contents. However the outside is more complicated. Two problems I had to solve is: the ribbed spine and the buckle straps. Here are a few pictures of the book so far.

A test cover with two straps in place and two metal decorations.
DSC_0001_zps5139174f.jpg

A preliminary piece I used to test the horizontal ribs on the spine.
DSC_0003_zpse2c769ca.jpg

A cover with the ribs in place. The cover and straps are genuine leather. Getting close to the binding process.
DSC_0004-1_zps8ec46592.jpg

I will posting more as the build gets closer to completion.

Last edited:
Re: 1:6 Raiders Dutch Bible Progress Build

Wow! Can't wait to see this! Glad to know we have...TOP men working on this. ;)

That looks awesome so far. I am new to the website but a longtime Indy fan. ?Raiders is my favorite movie. I bought Mfisher whip and holster set and was also thinking of buying your diaries as well. This looks like another fine work in progress.

That is so awesome! Always makes me laugh how Indy can open up the Bible to the EXACT page the picture of the Ark is on.

That will look sweet!

Lightning...fire..power of God or something.

Definitely KJV. I'm not sure yet how many books of the bible I can get in there. Just got through with Genesis. Adding some extra pictures along with of course the ark picture in Exodus.

Wow. That is awesome stuff. I cant imagine how you're going to fit the bible in there but I also cant wait to see it completed:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

That is amazing! Love the binding so far. Good luck with the build, look forward to it's progress.

Nathan

I just got the magnets in I need for the straps. I work on Thu-Fri-Sat-Sun so I will definitely get back to work on it on Monday. More pics next week.

You know who your first customer will be when you get these perfected? Gues? :lol:lol:lol

As usual, your work is 2nd to none. I can't recommend your work enough. You really should create a Facebook page. SO MANY 1/6th people all over the world would love to see this. Holler at me Offline and I will tell you more.

Again, LOVE this project!!!!!! My wife even loves the Grail Diary you made me! The whole family loves your work! hahaha

Okay don't laugh. I just thought of something else. The chalkboard. In the background during that scene that Indy uses.

We need that 1/6 chalkboard. And yes. I'm serious.

Here's a couple more pics of the build. The cover is almost complete but, still needs the metal ornaments and the buckle straps completed. Also some weathering would be in order. Indy's book looked old so this one needs to look old too. I will also get back to the pages. It would be great if I could get the entire Old Testament in but I have my doubts. I'm still not sure how many pages it will contain.
DSC_0004-1_zps5f717503.jpg

DSC_0005-2_zps6729bfad.jpg

Re: 1:6 Raiders Dutch Bible Progress Build NEW PICS #16

That looks great so far. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Absolutely BRILLIANT craftsmanship on that cover... stunning work...

Thanks for the praise Mike. I hope to get back to work on the pages tomorrow. I got a little behind when I got a couple orders for my Ravenwood Journal. Should have some new pic very soon.

A quick update:
I have the cover 99% complete. Most of my time is now spent compiling the contents. Taking the Old Testament Bible and shrinking it down to 1:6 scale and adding a few graphics along the way takes some time. Good news is I'm over half way there now.

Back