Attention: 1/4 CKING Reeve Superman! - old thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gruson

GET OVER HERE!
Reaction score
I just noticed a post from CKING at SF that the last 1/4 Reeve Superman piece is up for auction.

I thought I would post it in this section, as more people read it.

I promised I would tell you guys, so here is the link:

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160031695056&fromMakeTrack=true

I love this piece. One of my favorites for sure.

Please know, I am not selling mine, no way in hell! :)

Love it:
supe1.jpg

FYI, mine was painted by a different painter than the one for auction.

Good luck!

Re: Attention: 1/4 CKING Reeve Superman!

Thanks for posting the link Gruson.
Hopefully, this final statue will go to a good home and will be appreciated by someone as much as you appreciate yours!

Chris.

WOW! Just wow! When will SS jump on DC? I dunno if they ever will, but they should! I'm a bigger DC guy than Marvel so I'd lose more money if they did, and they'd need to do this first!

Yep, a great item, it's the centerpiece of my collection. Whoever gets it will be very lucky.

Ok, I raised it to 522 pounds, just a little over 1000 $ but of course that was not sufficient. Taking into account the high shipping to Turkey and the customs problems we are facing nowadays, I couldn't raise it any more. :monkey2

I presume I will not be able to get this super statue in the near future.

Hi Gambit,

Thanks for your bids.
Unfortunately, this was the last statue to be made available. The only way of getting one of these now is if a customer who already owns one decides to sell it. Sorry about that.

Chris

gambit said:
Ok, I raised it to 522 pounds, just a little over 1000 $ but of course that was not sufficient. Taking into account the high shipping to Turkey and the customs problems we are facing nowadays, I couldn't raise it any more. :monkey2

I presume I will not be able to get this super statue in the near future.

Hi Chris

I know it will be a so difficult to get one in the future :( , unfortunately at this time I am buying a flat in Istanbul and paying more than 2,000 $ per month. I just did not have enough budget to raise it at this time :monkey2

BTW, sorry I forgot to mention how a great work you put out. I just started collecting 1 year ago and I am new to boards. Therefore, I wasn't around when you were commissioning him (as I remembered it was a commission piece)
But I will be following similar pieces in the future if you will do and will be in

aloha

Suleyman

don't feel bad guys. i couldn't go that much either right now. once it went over a grand i was out. *cries like Ted Knight*

Wow! What a awesome custom made statue of C. REEVES!!! :chew

WTF! :banghead

I totally thought another shot at this piece came up when this thread was bumped. ARGH!!!!

WTH is with all the Lazarus posts lately!!! :monkey4

WTF! :banghead

I totally thought another shot at this piece came up when this thread was bumped. ARGH!!!!

WTH is with all the Lazarus posts lately!!! :monkey4

Just an observation... on almost all discussion boards, the newbies are chastised for not reading back through old threads and starting new ones instead; now it seems our board is starting to chastise them for actually reading the old threads and posting to them. I know some threads should not be resurrected, but isn't this exactly what we tell newbies to do? Just my two cents...

Just an observation... on almost all discussion boards, the newbies are chastised for not reading back through old threads and starting new ones instead; now it seems our board is starting to chastise them for actually reading the old threads and posting to them. I know some threads should not be resurrected, but isn't this exactly what we tell newbies to do? Just my two cents...

That post was awesome LC. :monkey3

True, but Lonnie this particular poster has resurrected three dead threads about custom pieces with a simple "That's cool!" or "Great paint!" Those aren't exactly constructive posts. Most Noobs create a thread, riddle it with questions that were already answered many times over in existing threads, that is where a lot of the chastizing comes from. If you bump a year old thread with nothing more than "Awesome piece" you are neither discussing nor adding to the thread. Post is not justified.

True, but Lonnie this particular poster has resurrected three dead threads about custom pieces with a simple "That's cool!" or "Great paint!" Those aren't exactly constructive posts. Most Noobs create a thread, riddle it with questions that were already answered many times over in existing threads, that is where a lot of the chastizing comes from. If you bump a year old thread with nothing more than "Awesome piece" you are neither discussing nor adding to the thread. Post is not justified.

Exactly. :lecture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back