Prop United Cutlery 2013 LOTR items

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SixthScaleEdward

Super Freak
Reaction score
Second Age Gondorian War Shield
UC2940

gondor2_zps221fac47.png

List Price: $463.00 (of course, like all UC prices, this will end up being ~$250 ;) )

Product Specifications:

The great war shield carried by the soldiers of the White City of Gondor in the Last Alliance of Elves and Men! Strictly limited to 1500 pieces worldwide, each piece is individually serialized. 42 1/2" x 20 1/2

Helm of Sauron
UC2941

sauron2_zps140b7609.png

List Price: $624.00

Product Specifications:

The ominous war helm worn by the Dark Lord Sauron in the Last Alliance of Elves and Men! Strictly limited to 1500 pieces worldwide, each peice is individually serialized. Decorated to exactly match the worn iron finish of the actual filming prop. Case in hard polyresin. Padded interior so helm can be worn. Features a polyresin and wood base stand patterned after Sauron's upper torso armor. Certificate of Authenticity. 28 3/4" tall, 31 1/2" on stand.

I think the Shield will be made of Fiberglass. The Orginal is made of Wood. But This new one will be bigger and more accurate.

Shield is awesome and way more movie accurate.
UC is also re-releasing the fighting knifes of Legolas and the HEWS.
Not sure if there're any changes, I would appriciate less yellow colored grips.
Item number is the same so probably no changes.

I knew it some days ago and I think it's a 'bad joke' from UC. The old Sauron helm was a limited edition of 3000. The new one changes the base only. I bought the old one a lot of years ago and I had to sacrifice other items, choosing that one (it was limited and I thought more dificult to find when it was sold out) and now I can see this news...
About the shield I think that it was a LE of 2500 (but I'm not sure, I haven't it) and the only change I can see is the extra flag...
About the not-limited items is OK, but make a new limited edition of an old limited edition...as company, they are a bad joke.
If Sideshow start to do the same with their limited statues...what can you think?

Last edited:
$250 for the shield would make it a good purchase looking terrific on a wall. Already have the original Sauron helm so this is unnecessary.

How about a Moria Orc shield and sword?

I like the base of the new one much more than the previous. Even though I already have the fist one I'm ordering this one as well....I'll display them side by side.

Chris

Shield is awesome and way more movie accurate.
UC is also re-releasing the fighting knifes of Legolas and the HEWS.
Not sure if there're any changes, I would appriciate less yellow colored grips.
Item number is the same so probably no changes.

really? Thats pretty lame they are doing the Legolas swords again. I really don't understand these re-releases. The Sauron helm can still be had less than retail I believe and now they are making 1500 more? It's very odd. The shield is cool, but no way do I have room for that. Does UC post news on facebook or something? I wonder if they will be doing a new WK helm.

Actually, the helm can be hard to get nowadays. i sold mine for 700 to someone a few months back.. at least now if I want to get it again later, I can probably find it cheaper..

This will now be known as Gondorian Shield 2.0 :lol
Well at least for the shield they noticeably changed the
construction of the design and the shield itself.

As for Sauron, it was a wasted opportunity.

Damn and I have 0 money would love that helm, when and where are these available if July I may be able to swing it until then I'm screwed

Last edited:
4500 helms on the market altogether, shouldn't be that hard to acquire. They didn't add much to this new one

About the not-limited items is OK, but make a new limited edition of an old limited edition...as company, they are a bad joke.
If Sideshow start to do the same with their limited statues...what can you think?

This is what I felt when Master Replicas started doing that with the Star Wars collectibles.

~~I like the shield even though I"m not a huge LOTR collector. If the price is $250 I might have to consider something like that for the office.

MUCH nicer looking shield. The original was the shoddiest quality piece in the UC line. When's this sucker coming out?

Last edited:
Back