Stan Lee as in "Mallrats" figure by DAZ TOYZ -Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Commtech

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
Daz Toyz, a new Toy company:yess:, has asked me to post teaser pictures of their first upcoming 1/6 figure: Stan Lee, "Mallrats" version. License from Stan Lee's likeness has been acquired. This will be a fully licensed figure by both Stan Lee and "Mallrats" (Kevin Smith). The figure will come with clothes as worn by Stan Lee in the film. Prototype head seen in these pictures has been painted by yours truly. More details coming soon!

Screenshot2013-03-16at20536PM_zps3150f4f6.png

9BB4086E-6629-433E-902C-DB0B6F44E425-10529-0000056636D5D965_zps3bcaf992.jpg

Some fun pictures:
35377C5D-BD70-41DF-B24F-FBB3D1710E3D-10529-000005655DCED192_zps0ae15ae0.jpg

090BFE90-C0B8-408B-8450-9129D605D0ED-10529-0000056558C6C362_zps00aea259.jpg

C0A0CE2C-71CC-4E9C-96B6-07490A86AB1D-10529-0000056576517C69_zps1a35a21f.jpg

You painted that?!??!

Amazing man.

Where have you been hiding with these skills? :lol

:lol

Thanks, man!
I've always painted. I just don't really have much time to paint and sometimes even commission to others here to paint my own stuff because of that:lol. But for this, I had to make an exception and make time.
2 other painters were hired to paint the same sculpt to get different styles to choose from for final production orders. While that is decided, this one with my paint job will do a little tour with Stan Lee for some in person appearances. ;)

Last edited:
It's very cool, but why license "Mallrats?" I mean you could stick that head on any suit and it would still be a killer Stan Lee figure. "Mallrats" has not aged well at all.

Don't really know Justin. I'm thinking maybe because that was Stan Lee's biggest on screen role with the most dialogue, instead of just a cameo? :dunno Maybe Stan Lee requested it.
Sorry guys if I can't answer a lot of questions. I don't really have much inside info. Maybe as the project advances, Daz Toyz will reveal more.

Woah, awesome buddy:rock

Really wished it was the more iconic mustache Stan instead of fully bearded Stan. But nonetheless, thats a pretty impressive sculpt and paint there :clap

Looks great, nuff said!

I also wondered why they would get the Mallrats license. He's just wearing some generic outfit, so it seems as if it would have been cheaper to skip getting that license at all. Maybe they plan on doing other figures from that movie?

Yeah its too bad he's bearded and not just the usual stache. I hope this makes other companies take note. I'd really love a normal Stan Lee figure from someone someday - and preferably before he dies. I don't want to be a memorial/cash grab figure. I want it to be a living legend figure.

That said, the head came out nice :rock But since this is SSF and we need to nit pick, the hairline is way off. Stan's got a really goofy hairline.

do you have a link to daztoys to where we can see when this goes on sale??? looks very cool, i wanna stick it right on black suit spidey :0

Love Mallrats. Love Stan Lee (remove all the controversy and just focus on the modern portrayal of the man). Love this sculpt. Fantastic work.

Awesome. I agree with everyone else that we need the mustache not the beard but regardless, hells yeah I'm in. How could a collection ever be complete without the great man who brought us all of these wonderful characters standing right in the middle?!

Back