Need help on my first statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jay321

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hi I'm new to the sideshow collecting scene! I'm about to make my first purchase! Wondering if u guys can help me make my mind up? Soooo here's the list captain America bust, gambit bust, Freddy Kruger pf,dead pool pf, colossus pf and last is shredder just cause its so cheap and also is an ex! Thanks again and before u guys say what's your fav? I like them all

Depends on what your into most. You can see with my list i tend to stick to Star Wars & Marvel

But go for the one you like best, that speaks to you most.

P.S it's great to see a new statue collector for a change. :hi5:

Thanks I'm into all the ones I named from marvel to horror! Also want the one that's gonna be the most profitable In the future

Thanks nova! Just wished I have knew about sideshow couple years back! From the looks of it i missed out on a lot of great Peaces

Thanks nova! Just wished I have knew about sideshow couple years back! From the looks of it i missed out on a lot of great Peaces

I wouldn't get hung up on whats gonna sell best later on that kinda thing is hard to predict. Just enjoy whats on offer, it's a great year for statues imo

Don't get me wrong I'm blown away by sideshow's work! Thats what makes me want to start collecting.Just can't help but see a peace that was originally $300 now $4,000 that's a credit to them!

busts are usually money sinks unless you get really lucky, horror in general loses value, freddy is no exception, shredder is a turd there is a reason it's so cheap - hint noone wants it.

your best bet is colossus pf or deadpool pf - popular marvel 1/4 pieces but missed boat for both exclusive as well.

hi welcome to collecting! im rather new to this hobby myself. i collect 1/6 figures and anime statues but im very new to both. I always keep this in mind... buy what u LOVE dont buy for MONEY value. I think it applies in all forms of collecting. That way if it means something to u the value will always be there :)

Thanks guys! Also thanks gagaliya for not holding back and giving it to me straight lol! U made a lot of valid points! I also had my eye on captain America pf but I'm not sure if the new captain America gets the same value as the classical captain America? If u guys know what I mean the 2012 movie avengers cap vs classic cap? Have not seen a lot of post on the latest captain America pf on the forums

Collect what you like and if something you happen to add to your collection goes up in the secondary market then that's a plus. :D

If you're into Marvel and Horror...then I say go that route. :rock

Exactly. Listen to the Sith Beagle. He speaks the truth. Buy what you like and will enjoy. Chasing pieces that command a high secondary market value is a losing and expensive proposition.

You will enjoy the hobby much more if you follow this advise.

Exactly. Listen to the Sith Beagle. He speaks the truth. Buy what you like and will enjoy. Chasing pieces that command a high secondary market value is a losing and expensive proposition.

You will enjoy the hobby much more if you follow this advise.

:goodpost: Well said, Viper! :duff

Sith Beagle. Hahaha.

Don't make me send my Sith Fleas to your house. :nana: :lol

thanks for all the great input! I really appreciate it! You guys made me fill really welcome here

Back