1/4 Hollywood Collectibles Spock statue - Star Trek

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Qbranch

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Just received the 1/4 scale polystone Spock statue from HCG. I'm really excited about this piece and wanted to do a review on it right away, but unfortunately I'm super busy this evening so instead I'll post a couple quick pics and go more in depth when I get home. I'll probably post a video review of it on YouTube at some point as well.

image_zpsdcebd1c7.jpg

image_zpsa9eb21f7.jpg

Would you say they captured his likeness? Kinda hard to tell from the pictures and usually it looks different in hand.

likeness looks good, i stopped buying hcg because their paint usually is pretty blend and subpar. But this is such an iconic character and i dont have anything star trek yet.

can you take some high res photo of the face?

I'd like to say the pictures speak for themselves, but they don't. I broke my 5D and my iPad's camera slightly distorts/elongates shots at the edges, nevertheless this piece looks fantastic in person. Maybe I'm a little bias considering I'm a longtime Star Trek fan, but I'd like to think it makes me more discerning. I've never seen a figure with such a spot-on likeness of Leonard Nimoy, and it makes Sideshow's Spock/Kirk PF's look like the original generic G.I. Joes.

Never really been a fan of much of HCG's previous work, but I think they are starting to up the ante with their Star Trek line. The sculpt itself is by Chris Vierra, who I think is fairly new to the biz, but I'm looking forward to seeing more of his stuff. Besides the great head sculpt and intricate veins on his hands, the the wrinkles in the fabric of the clothes are so well done that at first glance it's difficult to tell its just polystone.

The only complaint I would have about this would be the paint job. Overall it's pretty good, and I love the contrast between the matte black pants and gloss of the boots. The only real problem I have is with the face. The lips could have been a shade lighter and the red under the eyes toned down slightly, but at this point I'm splitting hairs. The base is a solid, heavy replica of a transporter platform, identical to the one that HCG's 1/4 Kirk stands on (a companion to this piece, and not quite as fantastic looking as Spock in my opinion). Overall, really happy with this and it's going to look awesome in my home theater along with my 1/4 Sideshow Cap, Rocketeer and John Wayne. Highly Recommend this to any Trek fan.

@JKNO they're 279.95 from HCG but some secondary retailers have em for slightly cheaper.

image_zps6a13c9b2.jpg

image_zps4b06d073.jpg

image_zpsd0d97949.jpg

Thx guys (& gals), no prob, nice to be able to contribute to the forum.

I'd love to see pics of the Kirk if you don't mind too!

I have the 1/6 scale Kirk in chair and Spock at station, and yeah, the paint ops weren't great on the faces. I repainted the Kirk, still haven't done the Spock. But the sculpts are great! I don't know if they're planning anything else in 1/4, but they have the Picard on the way in 1/6 (which had a great sculpt, I dunno what happened before the paint) and a McCoy as well.

Kirk.jpg

Last edited:
I'd love to see pics of the Kirk if you don't mind too!

I have the 1/6 scale Kirk in chair and Spock at station, and yeah, the paint ops weren't great on the faces. I repainted the Kirk, still haven't done the Spock. But the sculpts are great! I don't know if they're planning anything else in 1/4, but they have the Picard on the way in 1/6 (which had a great sculpt, I dunno what happened before the paint) and a McCoy as well.

I don't actually own the 1/4 Kirk, it was on display at a local comic shop here a while back and after looking it up I found out the Spock piece was coming out. It might still be there and if it is I'll ask them if I can snap a few shots next time I'm in though. It does look better in person and the likeness to Kirk is more noticeable than in pictures, but its not spot on and it definitely doesn't have the presence Spock does. Still, I'm considering buying it just because they'll look great together. (Not sure if I want a display that's been sitting out though). Frankly, the Kirk headsculpt by Chris Vierra looked really spot on but something was lost in translation.

I stopped collecting 1/6 scale (still can't part with Doctor Who though), but when I saw that Picard I preordered it right away. Partly because I want to attempt to get PatStew to sign it at a convention this summer, and partly because it's just f_n Picard. I heard they were going to make the entire TOS 1/6 bridge crew, and if they do I might have to pic them up because I do like the pieces and McCoy looks like he's really going to come out well. What an epic diorama that would be though if they added Scotty, Uhura, Sulu and Chekov.

mr__spock_by_evilninjachris-d59nw0z.jpg

Sorry for bumping an old thread but curious as to if the 1/4 Kirk and 1/4 Spock are as good as the 1/4 Rambo from a few years back? The Spock looks good in the pics in here, but pics aren't anything like in-hand.

I couldn't find a Kirk 1/4 thread and didn't want to start one as obviously this isn't some highly talked about piece, despite it being sold out at HCG. Here are my amatuerish, non-flash pics. I think overall it is a nice statue, good Shatner likeness from the 60's and body sculpt (though it may be more flattering even though he was in shape back then), with transporter pad base. The paint is just as good as many of my SSC's pieces. The phaser is the only removable part. The first one I got had a chipped base and the part of Kirk's hair that sticks out forward, was broken off, but the next one was perfect.

20140226_130503.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20140226_130509.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20140226_130525.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20140226_130544.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20140226_130609.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back