How Many Iron Man 3 Armors Will Hot Toys Produce?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nexus

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Iron Man 3 is like a toy maker's wet dream, and Hot Toys is probably already counting its money.
After seeing the latest trailer my first thought was ... "Holy Friggin' Moly". After seeing the Armor Army I thought how many of these are going to be Hot Toys figures (and how much are we talking at roughly $200/pop?)

Just a quick tally
-- Iron Man 42
-- Battle Damaged Armor
-- Iron Patriot
-- A number of the armors in the brief shot already looked cool and distinct (the one in the center, the stealth color scheme, the bulky one to the right) I'd guess a minimum of 5 will be HT figs depending on how they show up in story
-- There is going to be at least one female armor (Iron Maiden), which could be Pepper
-- The Hulkbuster like armor at the end is probably going to be IM3's Hulk

-- not to mention The Mandarin himself which is really growing on me.

Other than Man of Steel I wouldn't count on many of HT's other licenses getting much attention beyond what has already been previewed.
2z83xgg.jpg

Last edited:
I wouldn't put it passed them to do all the armors and Mandarin. Then that will be all. No Pepper, and no other characters. (Besides the already revealed Stark)

Can't really guess how many MMS versions they'll make, but using the PPS line to tide over a certain percentage of fans will probably end-up being brilliant on their part. I'm sure they'll still be creating MMS versions years from now and selling them to the same people that bought the PPS ones in addition to those that'll hold-out for the MMS format. It's hard to see an end to HT IM3 stuff and then on top of that they'll eventually have Avengers 2 and 3.

Not the same post IMO......and if you think this is bad, just wait until there are separate threads for EACH of the figures that they make - both PPS and MMS.

Anyway, I think the whole point of the PPS line was that they could make more of them. What would have made more sense to me however, would have been to make MMS figures of the main characters / suits (Mandarin, Stark, 42, 47, whatever gets significant screen time in the movie) and then made the PPS figures of the secondary figures (deep space, Heartbreaker, whatever gets minimal screen time in the movie).

Different type of thread. I'm talking about 1:6 Hot Toys Iron Man figures only, not other product lines or conceptual armor from the movies and comics. As far as IM3, if there are indeed 42 armors that would mean 35 new models (minus the seven already shown in the previous IM and Avengers movies). I doubt HT will tackle all 35 anytime soon. I think it will come down to how the armors are featured in the movie and cool factor. I'm sure many of the armors will just be background eye candy. Also, I think it's possible Pepper might end up being in one of the armors since she is strapped in in one of the scenes. That's what I meant by an "Iron Maiden" armor. So it's possible we'll get an armored/unarmored Pepper.
I still need to pick up a MKIII at some point (thank goodness for the MKI and AU reissues), but looks like there will be a bunch more down the road.

Well there is definitely a Mark 47, so that means 40 post-Avengers armors.

I'm curious to see if Stark himself built them all (because he can't sleep and all) or if he has armors building other armors.

Back