Does anyone here have experience with making soft plastic hands?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RavenEye

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi if you know how to make soft plastic hands hot toys quality, contact me via pm immediately. Thanks! :wave

I will be trying it soon with my Akuma custom. I plan on using the Smooth-On Smooth-Cast 45D. It should be soft enough to bend and rigid enough so that it doesn't tear. I doubt you'll find anything like Hot Toys quality in the material though because those are injected plastic whereas hobbyists are only afforded soft resins that are poured using silicone molds. But I think we can get close. I've seen some amazing work done on garage kits where soft resins are used and tinted.

Well Ik aluminite has plastics, just don't know which one to pick. :s

And you will use some seperator for silicon mold or it isn't important?

You'll need a good mold release and a silicone with high tear strength so the heat from the castings don't warp the mold. I've only casted really thin parts at this point and it does generate a lot of heat. I think with a thicker part it will generate even more heat so getting a silicone that has a higher tear strength and heat tolerance will only help.

Back