My Obi-Wan review...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm reviewing the much anticipated Obi-Wan Kenobi tonight, and I can tell you up front that I was hopeful that he'd be the first four star figure in the series. Unfortunately, it didn't work out that way, but he did turn out better than I had expected from early production photos. I'm still on the quest for that ultimate Star Wars sixth scale figure though...

You can find all the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

There were hundreds of characters, dozens of them important, across the span of the six Star Wars films. And yet, only three characters were in all six films - C-3PO, R2-D2, Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker, and Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Ummmmm....Isn' t that four charactors?:confused:

Bah my review wont be up till tomorrow... now i don't even feel like posting it! :p

jlcmsu said:
Nice job Mike. Mines in the can but waiting on our Web guy over at ST.

You need to tell them to let you do your own work - even at sites like Quick Stop, the columnists do all their own work for posting articles. That avoids unnecessary delays.

nice review.

anyone know where I could get some of those clear rubber bands?

nash, Wal Mart has them in the hair care section. I picked up a package of them there for when I finally get to futzing. The package I have has them in 3 sizes too.

Memnoch21 said:
nash, Wal Mart has them in the hair care section. I picked up a package of them there for when I finally get to futzing. The package I have has them in 3 sizes too.

are they clear rubber bands? what am I lookin for , do you have a brand name for them? I just checked target before class i didnt see anything. I'll try to run to walmart after class.

They are clear, just like what Hasbro uses to keep certain figures in the packages or weapons in hand. I cant think of a brand name as I am at school and they are at home. They are however in a bubble which seperates them into 3 sections based on side with a blue cardboard back to complete the package. In my wal mart they were in the aisle with all the scrunchies and other assorted hair accessories.

My Obi-Wan has the same darker spot of paint on the forehead. Personally, I don't mind it at all. My issue with Obi-Wan is the ridiculously thin material used for the tunic. Mine had a torn seam right out of the box. Thankfully, my wife was able to sow it shut nice and tight.

Man that sucks your figure has the sun-tan effect on his forehead. There is a bit of a darker color in the center of mine, but its much more subtle than what you appeared to have gotten.

I do wonder if Sideshow will be unveling a new body any time soon. On one hand I think it would be nice, but I wonder if it is wise to switch base-bodies in the middle of a line? Having some figures different from the others might make some collectors see red... but pretty much anything a company does will have that effect :lol

Nice review!

In my opinion, Obi-Wan is the best Star Wars 12" figure yet from Sideshow. At least, he's my favorite of those I own, and I have them all so far. (My Qui-Gon has yet to ship, but I doubt he will surpass Obi-Wan.)

galactiboy said:
I do wonder if Sideshow will be unveling a new body any time soon. On one hand I think it would be nice, but I wonder if it is wise to switch base-bodies in the middle of a line? Having some figures different from the others might make some collectors see red... but pretty much anything a company does will have that effect :lol

I'd suggest that if they do upgrade then the body should be available separately - like the Art Buck ones. That way if you REALLY want you can upgrade all your current sideshow ones of that line to make them consistant.

And I'd hope they make the various heights available as well.

How about a trade-in credit. I can't afford to replace all of my figures with Bucks that will cost $25 a piece.

LordAzrael said:
I'd suggest that if they do upgrade then the body should be available separately - like the Art Buck ones. That way if you REALLY want you can upgrade all your current sideshow ones of that line to make them consistant.

And I'd hope they make the various heights available as well.

I would think both of those (bodies available for sale separately and in various heights/sizes) would be a given.

I know I plan to upgrade almost all of the SW 1/6 figures so far when superior base bodies are finally available via SSC.

Back