Tales From The Crypt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadow Master

Super Freak
Reaction score
Did a search for this and found no thread dedicated to HBO's classic Horror anthology series. Figured now was the time for there to be one :wink1:

Any fans of the show? It's definitely a cherished memory of my 90s childhood, catching it on HBO back in the day and being petrified of the Crypt Keeper who was easily my biggest childhood fear. I still love watching it and miss waiting for a new episode to premiere every Wednesday night.

I adore tales from the crypt. Been one of my favourite shows since I was a kid. First fell in love with the cartoon, then discovered there was a live action show too. Watched it ever since.

I loved the cartoon as well, I always felt it was underrated. Kind of funny to think such an explicit adult show led to a kids' cartoon back then. Got to love the 90s.

Actually I personally found some of the episodes of the cartoon show more darker and more scary than the live series,
That is something that I never liked about the live series as well, some of the stories either made no sense or were not creepy or anything.

the Cartoon kind of got away with a lot, I guess because it was just drawings but I remember some really weird or creepy episodes from it.

The cartoon also had more fantasy elements to it, since they could do whatever they wanted it was a little more creative.

I used to love the cartoon, I don't remember everything but I remember loving it. I barely saw the live show but I would watch the cartoon every time it came on.

Hells yeah!! I bought seasons 1-4 on DVD for $20 at Target a few months ago. I loved the show. I loved the old E.C comics more though. Unbelievable some of the stuff they got away with. Especially it being the 40's and 50's.

Loved this show. I have some of the dvds from the show, it's funny to see some of the old Hollywood stars making cameos and such.

Anyone remember Tales from the Darkside? It was like TFTC but creepier...I loved that show too...

Loved this show. I have some of the dvds from the show, it's funny to see some of the old Hollywood stars making cameos and such.

Anyone remember Tales from the Darkside? It was like TFTC but creepier...I loved that show too...

I loved TFTD also, another one of my favorites.

Anyone seen Demon Knight as well? I always loved that movie, one of my favorite Horror films. Shame it didn't do better at the box office, would've been awesome getting a new TFTC film every other year or so.

I loved Demon Knight. Own it on DVD... Billy Zane was amazing!

I had a huge Tales From the Crypt comic collection. Sold them to pay for a dog I adopted. Friend hounded me, so I got a hound. Get it? I will have to get them again. I also own a huge Crypt Keeper talking doll. It's so cool. Never was a fan of the animated series. Loved the live-action series.

Bordello of Blood was pants though.

i love the crypt-keeper episode about the wax horror figure museum.

and yes, Demon Knight is awesome.

I've seen the talking Crypt Keeper doll, still want to get it. I agree Bordello Of Blood was a big disappointment compared with Demon Knight. It seems around that time the show also went downhill, with Seasons 6 and 7 both (IMO) being pretty dull and very below par the first five seasons, all of which were great. 2 and 5 are easily my favorite seasons.

I loved the tales from the darkside movie, love those kinds of anthology horror movies. Watched the series too and while I preferred TFTC I did enjoy it.

Loved demon knight too. Remember being super excited when I heard they were making a TFTC movie and was like a kid on Christmas when I finally found it on video. Back in the days of VHS. Haha.

Always wanted to pick up some of the EC comics collections but wasn't sure whether they'd be any good or not.

For any Robot Chicken fans, the show did three hilarious skits with the Crypt Keeper:

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fADowlF0oZY]Friend Of The Cryptkeeper[/ame]

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5Tp2ppOhnA]Cryptkeeper Clubbing[/ame]

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tA2WvDWD6A]Cryptkeeper's Grave Mistakes[/ame]

All three are hilarious. I was actually hoping we'd see him in the club during the second skit.

Little late to reply but I just now checked this and saw that. Looks very cool. I always wanted to see a company like NECA try their shot at making a detailed Crypt Keeper figure.

:yess:

2011-10-05191209.jpg

Back