The best bargain you've bought 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I'm intrested too see what bargains people have bought over the years from places and I mean like the cheapest you've paid for a figure. My best buy was in a charity shop local too me I bought a Herman munster 1:6 40th anniversary and a freddy krueger dream warriors (missing cross) and they were both in the boxes, i asked her if i could have a look she said " what those strange looking action men" I replied yes I said how much do you want and too my shock she replied "£3.00"

This is the best buy so come on share yours also what got you guys into collecting ? :)

HOT TOYS SHE PREDATOR "MACHIKO" for $19.99 or $29.99 from a comic book shop in the outskirts of Orlando a few years ago.

The box was shown to be previously opened and some of the items appears to have been moved around. The price tag was clearly marked as $19.99 or $29.99. I brought it to the cashier and asked if it was priced correctly. The cashier stated yes. I paid cash, got my receipt, and left.

As for what got me into collecting . . . 1:6 stuff from 21STCT/THE ULTIMATE SOLDIER.

When I got home, I did a thorough check. Everything was accounted for.

I was able to nab a Marmit Boba Fett from a boardie a few years back for $40, as well as a Bros Productions Roy Batty for $75 more recently.

Otherwise, probably Ani-Com AvP Scar when it was initially released. Took a huge chance and preordered it from a foreign ebay seller. They pulled through though, and for $180 he was one of my first 1/6 figures.

Mark 1 Hot Toys Joker for $50 on Amazon before I had a clue what I was buying!

A store where I was from blew out their toys, I got alien 3 for 50 bucks and James dean cowboy for 50 bucks... This was a year or so ago. I didn't like either enough to keep so I sold them and got more than I paid for

Medicom Bruce Wayne for $35 at my LCS and HT Leonidas for $160 from Cotswold about 2 years ago. Was their last one too

HT Endoskeleton $1.98. SS gave me a couple for whatever reason and that's what it came out to with shipping included.

Does retail prices count? :D
I pre-ordered the Enterbay Enter the Dragon B for $160 from a website which seemed like a bargain 2 years later when I sold it used on ebay for $440 (and that was others driving the price up, I thought I was being cheeky putting it on there for $199!)

rain man gang boy figure #1, a year or so ago for $750, been offered $2,200 for it, but i cant seem to sell it, lol,,,once gone i cant replace...:(

From Retail Price:

HT Power Loader - awesome piece and came with Ripley, got it for around USD180, which in nowadays price is a steal. Got it at Toy Hunters, months after it was released.

HT Battle Damaged Predalien - bought recently online for around USD180.00. Its so impressive in hand and comes with a production numbered certificate (was limited to 300 pcs). Even if HT ever re-released it, i doubt it will be anything short of USD250.00.

Real Bargains:

HT Casual M-Icons Bruce Lee: USD65.00. Bought the original pair for retail price, and it just dropped like crazy. Picked up an extra one to display shirtless... worth every penny.

HT Sweeney Todd: USD84.00, bought it loose. Originally had no interest, but the sculpt was so good, and the price was too good to pass up. Buying the pieces loose, the only thing i dont have is his barber kit accessorires. I got only one blade which is enough. Everything else, the chair, the backdrop, the box is all there !

I picked up my HT T-1000 figure for £170 (after p & p) last year, MIB. It can easily for for upwards of £200 these days.

My SS Darth Vader 1/6 figure I got for £100. He's going for upwards of £250 these days on eBay. Only thing is I then spent a further £70 or so giving him a new body, cape and tunic!

..Strange looking action men. :lol

Great deals! I wish I came across deals like these for figures. Never happens. Buuuuut I did get an Amazing Spider-Man #48 and #50 for $5. Well, they were in a box with bunch of other old comics and book fROm the 60's and 70's. I bought them off a sweet old lady at a yard sale. I never had them graded but I would say they were in good to very good condition. No writing in them and all the coupons in the backl were there. :D Sold them a few years ago.

Back