Assassin's Creed IV

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dead-Man

Super Freak
Reaction score
via IGN

https://www.ign.com/articles/2013/0...vered?utm_campaign=twposts&utm_source=twitter

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AngJo1ebIhA[/ame]

207312_10151342319941633_274557318_n.jpg

Last edited:
Can't look at the article at work, but PLEASE TELL ME THAT IT'S PIRATES!!!

Copied from IGN

"Earlier this year, Ubisoft's CEO announced that a new Assassin's Creed game would be coming this year. That was no surprise, though the fact that the game would star a new hero in a new era was something worth noting. Today, Kotaku appears to have uncovered precisely where that game will be set - and what it will be called.

A photo of a poster, set to run in game stores this coming Monday, March 4, was sent to the outlet, indicating the name of the next AC game will be 'Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag'. The poster, illustrated by Todd McFarlane, also clearly showcases a new assassin in a pirate-themed era. This also lines up with multiple rumors from earlier this year, suggesting Ubisoft's time-spanning saga would be moving to the Caribbean."

HELLS YES. The naval missions in AC3 were my favorite part and I have been running around in Captain Kidds outfit since I got it. Awesome news! Thanks!!

I KNEW IT !!

Well I didn't even consider a possible AC4 ....because 3 was supposed to be the end ....but I mentioned multiple times on the AC3 thread here (and to gamer friends) ....that the naval missions seemed like a beta for a bigger game and I hoped they were working on a pirate one.

The missions made ZERO sense in AC3. You were a native american whose domain was the forest ....and then randomly you were a sea captain for no reason.... but those missions were the best thing about the game and it seemed bizarre to invent a whole new mechanic for irrelevant side missions.

I would have preferred them to create a new franchise from the ground up ...but I'll definitely play this.

Great news! This coincides with a few rumors I read about the name "Black Flag". The pirate era was JUST BEFORE the American Revolution time period and it's quite possible since the English and Spanish were dominate forces in the area that Ubisoft will give us an English or Spanish Assassin.

I think this makes for some real good possibilities! Instead of traversing a sandbox area like "The Kingdom" or "The Frontier" imagine SAILING around. Able to dock at various islands and discover what's on there.

It'll also be interesting to see who the protagonist is going to be. I'm sure we'll see A LOT of notable pirate characters like Blackbeard, Calico Jack Rackham, Henry Morgan, Anne Bonnie, etc.

It's also possible this will tie some to Assassin's Creed 3 since the Golden age of Piracy was in the mid to late 1600's. We could possibly see the AQUILA and how it got into the Assassins' hands. And a VERY young Achilles (if was born in late 1600's or early 1700's).

The character could very well be John (Jean) de la Tour. Who supposedly trained Achilles and was the first Assassin in the colonies. His age can coincide with that timeframe.

UBISOFT also started the hype on Assassin's Creed 3 almost a year in advance, it would make sense that they start the hype for AC4 right around this time.

The AC franchise is now one of the biggest money-grabs in gaming. It's up there with COD, which saddens me.

I love pirates. . . but have no interest in Assassin's Creed. I've played 1 & 2, and felt the gameplay to be boring. Tough spot to be in.

Great news! This coincides with a few rumors I read about the name "Black Flag". The pirate era was JUST BEFORE the American Revolution time period and it's quite possible since the English and Spanish were dominate forces in the area that Ubisoft will give us an English or Spanish Assassin.

I think this makes for some real good possibilities! Instead of traversing a sandbox area like "The Kingdom" or "The Frontier" imagine SAILING around. Able to dock at various islands and discover what's on there.

It'll also be interesting to see who the protagonist is going to be. I'm sure we'll see A LOT of notable pirate characters like Blackbeard, Calico Jack Rackham, Henry Morgan, Anne Bonnie, etc.

It's also possible this will tie some to Assassin's Creed 3 since the Golden age of Piracy was in the mid to late 1600's. We could possibly see the AQUILA and how it got into the Assassins' hands. And a VERY young Achilles (if was born in late 1600's or early 1700's).

The character could very well be John (Jean) de la Tour. Who supposedly trained Achilles and was the first Assassin in the colonies. His age can coincide with that timeframe.

:exactly:

Hoping for a Spanish main character to mix things up again.

AC3 was English heavy.
....though perhaps this was planned in advance as the olive branch to all the English AC players sobbing about, "I can never play this, we are the bad guys!" ....and so now they'll have an English main character.

The only thing I don't understand is why this is AC4? Why not AC3: Black Flag? Seems too close to AC3 to be called 4.

The only thing I don't understand is why this is AC4? Why not AC3: Black Flag? Seems too close to AC3 to be called 4.

:exactly: This is really meh to me. AC is the new CoD cash grabbing franchise with annual releases. I enjoyed 3 because it was a new setting, but overall the game felt so empty that I'll probably wait until 4 goes in the $20 bin at Amazon.

Just as long as there are tall buildings where the character can parkour, I will be happy (AC 3 was very much lacking in that regard). The setting in colonial U.S. was pretty bland and boring, in my opinion.

Anyone want to take any guesses on the crazy name of the new Assassin?

There was already:

(1) Altaïr - which everyone probably mispronounced as Alt-air at first
(2) Ezio's Pizza (nuff said)
(3) Ratonhnhakétonasdfjkl;

I'm going to go with Felatisious Rearblower the Third.

Last edited:
Back