And the depression sets in...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galactiboy

OT Preferist
Reaction score
So the other day I was thumbing through a magazine and came across and image of the Chernabog bust being released this year. Needless to say I was very excited as I've always loved Night on Bald Mountain... and its a badass statue:

2006chernie.jpg

And I don't even collect statues, but I would have totally made an exception... however then I found out the price today. $650 for a 10" tall bust?!? That's just nuts... and since there is no way I could ever afford/justify this price I will be without. It just seems like this is a crazy high price, especially when a lot of their items are much cheaper :monkey2

Last edited:
I'd love to have a nice Chernabog statue, but $650 is a bit too much, especially for something that small.

Wow, thanks for the heads-up Wetanut... that actually looks a bit cooler than the WDCC one, and the wings are a nice touch!

And if you don't mind... Is $300 a fair price, or is it possible to find one cheaper and any impressions about the lamp, like quality, size, etc.?

I got the piece directly from Disney.com and they were sold out within a week. Originally paid $199 for it. Has LE of 1000.

I was pretty impressed. Here's the specs on it:

Chernabog rises to unleash the spirits of the night to commemorate the 65th anniversary of ''Fantasia.'' Turn the switch and his eyes and the belly of Bald Mountain glow yellow. LED lights. Cord 72'' L. 17 1/2'' H x 10 1/2'' W x 7 1/2'' D.
Hand-painted, sculpted resin and stained glass. Base wood. Imported. Certificate of Authenticity.

The body is resin and the wings are made of translucent plastic-like material. But it doesn't look cheesy. There are 2-3 little lights at the base and you can click on how much you want to light it, but even if you have it on full, it's not obtrusive. The light is pointed up so there is a nice effect. For 1000 LE, I think $100 over retail is not too bad. (sure beats nearly $700)

Thanks great to know, I actually think it looks better, its bigger and even has a functional (sort of use)... thanks for the info. I'll definitely be tracking one of these down.

Do by any chance have any photos of yours? I couldn't find any decent ones on the internet.

galactiboy said:
Thanks great to know, I actually think it looks better, its bigger and even has a functional (sort of use)... thanks for the info. I'll definitely be tracking one of these down.

Do by any chance have any photos of yours? I couldn't find any decent ones on the internet.

Sorry, I don't have any pics (I'm even dumber with a digicam :D)

Wetanut said:
Sorry, I don't have any pics (I'm even dumber with a digicam :D)

:lol :lol ... well either way it sounds like a great piece and a better option... I was actually surprised when I started searching how many Chernabog items there are. Pretty cool!

Back