NECA: 1/4 Batman 1989 Michael Keaton figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiFabio

Super Freak
Reaction score
I thought it'd be a good idea to give this it's own thread. NECA is making a 1/4 '89 Batman slated for this Summer. Looks pretty good.

Based on the iconic 1989 film that defined Batman for the modern generation. We are honored to present this 18″ tall poseable figure featuring Michael Keaton’s likeness, utility belt, batarang, grapple-gun, interchangeable hands, and loads more. Featuring over 20 points of articulation, incredible detail, and a real fabric cape. This is a must have for Batman fans and collectors.

Release Date: Summer 2013

Neca141989Batman1.jpg

Will there be a 7" figure line, they did it for Terminator? Battle Damaged? Jack Nicholson Joker? TDK? Batman Returns?

I wonder if Hot Toys will bust out some 1/4 '89 Batman stuff too, we know they're doing Batman Returns.

Discuss . . .

NECABatman2.jpg

NECABatman1.jpg

NECABatman3.jpg

NECABatman4.jpg

Last edited:
Re: 1/4 NECA Batman 1989 Keaton

Love the figure. HT's figure is perfect but there's always room for more Keaton.

Yeah, I think the eyes are too far up near the forehead. Maybe a thicker neck too. Then again, there hasn't been a good shot of it straight on.

Impressed with the cape and armor sculpting.

Sorry, quick question, but if NECA has the license to do 1/4 scale of '89 Batman, doesn't that mean no other company can make the same Batman in the same scale? Or does it not work that way?

I assumed that's why NECA is only making 1/4 Avengers, because other companies have the license to 6 inch and 1/6 scale?

Well either way, this prototype looks good, I can't wait to see the final product since Cap turned out nicely. :)

I assumed that's why NECA is only making 1/4 Avengers, because other companies have the license to 6 inch and 1/6 scale?

Hot Toys supposedly has the 1/4 Avengers license, they announced a while ago. They're still in development though.

All these companies seem to be on the same page. Since 2009 with Terminator Merchandise, they all seem to have been making different things with the same license.

Oh and I love Hot Toys' cape, this one appears to be very similar. Yeah, it takes awhile to futz, but the out come is worth it. Does anyone remember the crappy capes that were available for customs before Hot Toys came along? They looked nothing like the real thing.

This is the best figure at NECAs booth imo.

Hot Toys supposedly has the 1/4 Avengers license, they announced a while ago. They're still in development though.

All these companies seem to be on the same page. Since 2009 with Terminator Merchandise, they all seem to have been making different things with the same license.
Wow I completely forgot about that, thanks for reminding me. That makes things very interesting then, I can't wait to see how HT will respond to all this stuff from NECA. :) (Although 1/4 is too big for me for now haha, but I still like seeing the pics of the figures)

This is the best figure at NECAs booth imo.

I really like Hudson and ED-209 too.

Wonder if this Batman will come with some accessories like a grapple gun or a batarang. We know how NECA loves their variations (especially with Terminator), makes me wonder about a Battle Damaged Batman with burns and damage.

Yeah their Aliens stuff is really cool, but we already knew about the majority of those. Keaton Batman was a surprise, an awesome one at that. To be honest I wasn't that impressed with NECAs booth this year. Their surprises weren't very "surprising." :lol

Just saw this and the 66 Batman.... man I hope they make 6 or 7" figures:pray:.... How cool would it be if Neca made a spear gun:monkey3

Yeah their Aliens stuff is really cool, but we already knew about the majority of those. Keaton Batman was a surprise, an awesome one at that. To be honest I wasn't that impressed with NECAs booth this year. Their surprises weren't very "surprising." :lol

Yeah, '89 Batman was the last thing I expected from them.

On their twitter they said they were considering it.

Kinda **** too that they aren't allowed by WB to show Cavill.

Probably a licensing thing. I'm sure they'll show him. I'm looking forward to seeing the texture on the Cavill Supes suit, I'd imagine NECA will do that pretty well.

Oh, and just updated the first post. Batman comes with a batarang, grapple-gun, and interchangeable hands.

Back