1/12th Figma Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lerath666

Super Freak
Reaction score
for those unfamiliar with it/them figma is a Japanese toy line made by Max Factory.

Figma are probably some of the BEST articulated action figures on the planet, and typicsly range in price from 30-60$ each.

articulation example
figma_m1.jpg

They're a collector-targeted line, and usualy focuses on Anime characters.

they generally include a sizable amount of accessories, including extra swap-able faces/heads, as well as lots of hands.

FIG-IPN-3175.jpg

1ce67be598889195c4a2b244bd7cbaf5.jpg

max-factory-figma-ps2-sp-004-saber-lily-fate-unlimited-codes-figure.jpg

Today was not only the new yourk toy fair. it was also the japanese equivilant, Wonderfest.

These prototypes of a new spiderman, and the Avengers team were shown.

1360459745993_zps0f8a39af.jpg
[/IMG]

I'm digging the IM and Hulk. Are there more pictures of these or a release date?

EDIT: Upon looking it up. This was announced July of last year. Surprised there hasn't been much more news on it.

nothing yet, to my knowledge, that's the ONLY picture so far. more should surface in a few days. as to the when... no idea. could be sometime this year, might be next. Max factory can be a little slow sometimes. as spider-man is already painted, i'd expect him first.

I'm really digging the amount of articulation on these things. Not to mention HT should be using those type of clear stands instead of their crouch grabber stands.

good god learn to bicep swivel. this has been the most annoying thing in figmas and they don't seem to be learning.

Are these 6" scale?

they range. there is no real scale to them other them plastic used

I got the Figma Link recently, and he is a really high quality figure. If I was to continue collecting smallish plastic figures, I would probably go with these and Revoltech because of the quality (though the Revoltech Iron Man looks hideous). Hasbro/Matty stuff are really not in the same league as these guys, but the price reflects that.

Are these 6" scale?

roughly, yes. they range from 5-8 inches.

good god learn to bicep swivel. this has been the most annoying thing in figmas and they don't seem to be learning.

they generally don't need a bicep swivel. the design of the elbow joint works to allow for that type of articulation.

think the hot toys muscle bodies. or new predator bodies.

roughly, yes. they range from 5-8 inches.

they generally don't need a bicep swivel. the design of the elbow joint works to allow for that type of articulation.

think the hot toys muscle bodies. or new predator bodies.

the elbow joint is limited to VERY limited on many due to the fact the sculpts get in the way and figma joints are flat and not round to allow free movement, hence the need for a proper swivel. its hit or miss
they just seem to omit it when articulation is hindered instead of bothering.

these from the early picture seem to be following the trend...but time will tell when we can get some further along proto pics

the elbow joint is limited to VERY limited on many due to the fact the sculpts get in the way and figma joints are flat and not round to allow free movement, hence the need for a proper swivel. its hit or miss
they just seem to omit it when articulation is hindered instead of bothering.

these from the early picture seem to be following the trend...but time will tell when we can get some further along proto pics

That depends on the character design though. Most figmas have the bicep swivel covered by the aforementioned elbows AS WELL as the double-balljoint shoulders. Max Factory tends to avoid using a jarring bicep swivel. Still, I find that most of their anime figures have that shoulder-elbow combo with enough range in them, so it could very well be a sculptural issue since the minimalist designs of certain characters can obstruct the range of movement for certain figures.

Last edited:
for those unfamiliar with it/them figma is a Japanese toy line made by Max Factory.

Figma are probably some of the BEST articulated action figures on the planet, and typicsly range in price from 30-60$ each.

articulation example
figma_m1.jpg

They're a collector-targeted line, and usualy focuses on Anime characters.

they generally include a sizable amount of accessories, including extra swap-able faces/heads, as well as lots of hands.

FIG-IPN-3175.jpg

1ce67be598889195c4a2b244bd7cbaf5.jpg

max-factory-figma-ps2-sp-004-saber-lily-fate-unlimited-codes-figure.jpg

Today was not only the new yourk toy fair. it was also the japanese equivilant, Wonderfest.

These prototypes of a new spiderman, and the Avengers team were shown.

1360459745993_zps0f8a39af.jpg
[/IMG]

Found a closer photo:

CPWD3mc.jpg

Judging by the test shots, these look like they'll be pretty good! Highly articulated without losing their correct body proportions! If the final products looks just as good.... I'M IN!!! :clap

Back