The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kain4521

You know that one too/Mod
Reaction score
CD Projekt Red has finally, officially announced The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

Heading to all available “high-end platforms,” which presumably means next-gen consoles, Wild Hunt will be an open world game, a first for the series.

Just how big will the game be? Pretty bloody big. Up to 20% bigger than Skyrim, even. Traveling from one end of the map to the other end will take 30-40 minutes on horseback, with areas streamed in live so as to avoid loading times. That's courtesy of CD Projekt RED's new CRED Engine 3.

The structure of the game encompasses crafting and monster hunts, important side-quests and an overarching main storyline in which Geralt attempts to rescue loved ones from his arch nemesis. Apparently, the witcher has now reached a stage where he is fed up with helping everyone else.

At the heart of the enhanced features is monster hunting, in which you source potion ideas and tactics from books and townsfolk with which to take on beasties. Time of day will also be a factor for some of these monster confrontations. Preperation is key.

All of this ties in nicely with the source material, as Geralt is a monster hunter. That’s his job. But in the previous games this element has been slightly underplayed. In Wild Hunt it looks like this is coming to the forefront.

Skill trees will be developed beyond those in The Witcher 2. Secondary forms of spells will let you add things like a 360-degree blast. Work is in place to make the swordplay more graceful, with new strikes and abilities that increase things like parrying and stamina. A new mutation mechanic has also been mentioned, but we don’t know any further details.

Building the story around Geralt himself? More monster hunting against big, gruesome beasties? A larger game with Roach, Geralt’s horse? Looks like we were thinking along the right lines when we wrote our What We Want From The Witcher 2's Sequel piece lat year.

https://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-14020-The-Witcher-3--Wild-Hunt--First-Details-Emerge.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Yeah apparently the Geralt being a tool of politics will take a slight backseat while the story focuses more on him personally.

Now to go finish Witcher 2.... :yess:

It's amazing how CD Projekt is able to make a leap with every game they're making. The first Witcher was a damn good RPG, even though it wasn't in the first leaque. The second Witcher was immediatly the graphic reference in the RPG sector, the visual storytelling and general storytelling were as superb as the characters and even the rest was okay or even great, just here and there they could've looked back or made something more "meh". And the third Witcher now seems to make another giant leap with an real open world, even bigger than Skyrim and therefore whole new mechanics. It is highly possible that they improve the graphics again and once again the other games will be measured against it.

CD Projekt really is an amazing company. A bunch of polish who show that you don't need copy protection, that you can achieve great things even with nearly the same budget as the last game, who fight against the self-censoreship, superficiality and the consumer-hostility.

It's amazing how CD Projekt is able to make a leap with every game they're making. The first Witcher was a damn good RPG, even though it wasn't in the first leaque. The second Witcher was immediatly the graphic reference in the RPG sector, the visual storytelling and general storytelling were as superb as the characters and even the rest was okay or even great, just here and there they could've looked back or made something more "meh". And the third Witcher now seems to make another giant leap with an real open world, even bigger than Skyrim and therefore whole new mechanics. It is highly possible that they improve the graphics again and once again the other games will be measured against it.

CD Projekt really is an amazing company. A bunch of polish who show that you don't need copy protection, that you can achieve great things even with nearly the same budget as the last game, who fight against the self-censoreship, superficiality and the consumer-hostility.

:goodpost::goodpost:

you havent finished part 1 and 2 sith LOL
I finished part 1 and looking forward to play part 2 soon as all the amazing tittles stop coming.

Dead space mania is going on right now, Colonia marines next week and METAL GEAR RISING !!

so many epic games.

I just started 2 last week and it's a blast. Does take a bit of getting used to if you play right after the first one though .

2 had a hit and move combat approach. Wish They would make a PF of Geralt as he appears when he exits the tent in Witcher 2.

2 had a hit and move combat approach. Wish They would make a PF of Geralt as he appears when he exits the tent in Witcher 2.

Yeah still getting used to hit and run tactic. I'm so used to rushing a mob in group style... :p

What? you don't want 'I-passed-out-rode-a-whore-and-woke-up-half-naked-on-the-shore' Geralt PF?

Coming in 2014 for PC, PS4, Xbox One!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0i88t0Kacs[/ame]

Debut gameplay

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ_G6XiHoUA[/ame]

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I was thinking of picking this up but haven't played 1 or 2.
Should I get them before playing this?

Thanks.

Hey guys,

I was thinking of picking this up but haven't played 1 or 2.
Should I get them before playing this?

Thanks.

I doubt you'll absolutely need to, but the story and world is fairly complicated and it would definitely help to play the others. It's also a fantastic series, so they're well worth playing.

I guess this series is kinda like Mass Effect

I can play Mass Effect 3 without playing the previous two "Even though I have them" .. the first two were Preparing for a Reaper Attack .. and the third the Reapers actually appear

same thing in Uncharted, I can play Uncharted 3 without playing the Previous two... than again .. I can't think of a trilogy that really needs you to play all the previous titles to understand the story Beside Metal Gear ..

Yeah, you don't need to have played the previous ones for this, but it is the most rewarding if you've done so.

Skip Witcher 1 though. I enjoyed it, but it is REALLY outdated and has some bad translation issues, even in the enhanced edition. Witcher 2 is a damn masterpiece though and needs to be played by as many people as possible. :lecture

Yeah, you don't need to have played the previous ones for this, but it is the most rewarding if you've done so.

Skip Witcher 1 though. I enjoyed it, but it is REALLY outdated and has some bad translation issues, even in the enhanced edition. Witcher 2 is a damn masterpiece though and needs to be played by as many people as possible. :lecture

See I kinda preferred 1 to 2 :)

Back