New 30th Anniversary Sideshow Star Wars packaging

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomandshell

Blue Flame of the West/Mod
Reaction score
Read all about it:

https://starwars.com/collecting/news/misc/news20060914.html

The sample pictures are from Gentle Giant, but the article mentions Sideshow as well.

Sounds like they want all the high end collectible items from the big companies to have a coordinated box design for 2007, with a look inspired by Darth Vader's meditation chamber.

20060914_1_bg.jpg

I wonder if Sideshows will start with Jabba/Leia & the bunch! Cant wait to see how SS tackles it.

Attakus, Gentle Giant, Master Replicas and Sideshow will be adopting a new classic-yet-contemporary look for 2007, one that imparts a "museum-quality" feel.

so all the companies are going to have the same box packaging just with their individual company logos and products on it? Im confused.

It's pretty lame, i really am not digging this.

Ok I dont like it Packaging changes makes things look funny. I dont know why they would change the 12" packaging its perfect. I like the packaging the way it is. I wouldnt be unhappy if they put some kind of sticker or something but changing the packaging is unacceptible. Why do they have to try and change perfection. Ok rant over
I just like to have all my boxes look the same if they are in the same line.:D

Is there anybody from Sideshow who can confirm that the packaging for the 12" will be changed. I think they will look pretty bad in this type packaging.

Last edited:
I dont think it's unnaceptable at all, I kind of like it. Think about it, Star Wars is about as global a film phenomenon as you are likely to get. And especially in this year, to have all packaging from all the Star Wars products that you buy match in unification of the celebration of it all... I like the idea.

Although I guess for those of you who buy products more for the boxes on shelves than actually what goes inside them, i guess it might look odd (although I still think you'd be looking at it the wrong way)

I love the idea, but in a way it totally destroys the creative differences between companies, and Sideshow excels in packaging design. Abit sad its all to be the same. Also it will make it much hard to tell the difference between different pieces from companies.
Still it could work.

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Interesting idea. Curious about this. If you don't like it: it's only temporary.

Well, Lucas has been known to change his mind, so there's always the possibility he might want coordinated packaging from 2007 going forward.

Hopefully, SSC can get away with just using this new style for the PF and Busts. It would suck for them to have to change the uniformity of the 1/6 Figure packaging just because LFL Licensing got a wild hair up their butt. :(

I think this is a mistake, Sideshow's 12" figure boxes are perfect as is and are my favorites!

I hope Sideshow won't bow down and submit to this idiotic idea!

:emperor

My boxes sit in a cubby, as long as the figures looks great I don't care. I've gotten used to Lucas changing stuff on and off so much I don't care anymore.

I'm sure that with the SSC boxes they will just design a slipcase over the top (a la the PF's) with the 2007 design.

I agree though that the SSC 1:6 boxes are the greatest!

I like the design at least on the pic of the Fett Maquette. I agree making SS change their design when they already have one that is pretty much perfect because it's so collector friendly is silly. That being said if they can keep the current design but incorporate the new graphics would be cool.

thats pretty dumb IMO. i mean i think the pic in the first post looks cool and all, but to make every manufacturer change all of their designs is retarded. it robs them of creativity, and will also ruin the uniformity of all the other 1/6 boxing. i know to people that dont display boxes arent worried about it, but because of how great the boxes are i started displaying them on a bookcase and they look like they are meant to be like that. i do think the logo on the bottom left corner of the fett box would be cool to incorporate onto all of the packaging.

Back