Medicom RAH Tiger Stripe Snake difference

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liuskusuma

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been searching online for this information but couldn't find one.
I was wondering what are the difference between the first release of the RAH Tiger Stripes and the second version?

Are there pictures that shows the comparison side by side?

Thanks.

The differences are far and few between. Medicom did update the body on the newer RAH Tiger Stripe, so it has stronger shoulder and hip joints as compared to the older figure. But, that's about it. The packaging and figure itself looks exactly the same for both releases. You can't go wrong with either.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Solidus.
Nothing different with the Tiger Stripes Camo color right? It's just that I saw one second hand figure in my local shop but the Tiger Stripes Camo look more brown instead of green :dunno.

Thanks for the info Solidus.
Nothing different with the Tiger Stripes Camo color right? It's just that I saw one second hand figure in my local shop but the Tiger Stripes Camo look more brown instead of green :dunno.

No problem! The camos look exactly the same for both the original and re-released versions of the Tiger Stripe figure. With that said, the camouflage should look green. But, if it looks brown, then I have my suspicions that someone may have swapped out the uniform for something else.

I pulled this pic from the Medicom runboard - use it as a reference for the color (not my pic, by the way).

rahx1000xb2.jpg

I see, it sure looks green there in the picture.

Maybe it because the previous owner didn't take of it properly and too much exposure from the sun.

Hmmm..... Naked Snake Tiger Stripe version, it bring back memories. Back than i was hunting this figure, cant get hands on it because the price. :monkey2
But what i really wants today is, someone who had this figure dismantle the box. Than scanned the tiger stripe pattern for me. Can anybody help me, because i really need that tiger stripe pattern. :naughty

I remember this figure was extremely pricey in 2004/05 but since the re-release you can buy either versions for a relatively affordable price. I hope someone corrects me if I'm wrong, but you can't resell the original at its premium price anymore thanks to the re-release.

You want a real catch? Get the Snake Camo Big Boss, or the MGS4 Old Snake/Raiden. Those are really pricey nowadays.

I remember this figure was extremely pricey in 2004/05 but since the re-release you can buy either versions for a relatively affordable price. I hope someone corrects me if I'm wrong, but you can't resell the original at its premium price anymore thanks to the re-release.

You want a real catch? Get the Snake Camo Big Boss, or the MGS4 Old Snake/Raiden. Those are really pricey nowadays.

You're not wrong at all. I sold my original (not re-released) MGS 3 Tiger Stripe figure for $150 in 2011. I originally bought it for $330 in 2009 and it seemed like such a waste to let it go for that price. But, I needed the extra funds fast for a Hot Toys purchase (The Batman Begins Toys Fair Exclusive figure).

As it happens, I have the Snake Camo (croc cap) figure, Old Snake, and Raiden. I'm glad that they've retained their value, so far. On that note, I have my doubts that Hot Toys will be releasing their own versions of any of those figures (especially Old Snake).

What do you mean by snake camo big boss? Are you referring to the in flames figure?

Sent from the Shell by codec.

Sorry Jason. Snake camo indeed means the croc cap version. Medicom never reissued that, so it's a more desirable piece of collectible than the Tiger Stripe.

As for Old Snake/Raiden, yeah the out-of-the box pain apps were lame beyond hope, but that's nothing a repaint can't fix.

img0298pl.jpg

I sold my original (not re-released) MGS 3 Tiger Stripe figure for $150 in 2011. I originally bought it for $330 in 2009 and it seemed like such a waste to let it go for that price.

Good lord, that's over half the price!

On that note, I have my doubts that Hot Toys will be releasing their own versions of any of those figures (especially Old Snake).

Yeah, I won't bet on a Hot Toys MGS4 Snake or Raiden happening anytime soon. I just don't see that happening. What I do see, is <gulp> Peace Walker figures.

i know ryan. i own both croc and old check my flickr. i didnt even know his camo was snakes til you pointed it out!!!!! i just thought it was a random blendable pattern. ive never heard anyone say snake camo. also why no mgs4 snake and raiden by hoot toys? theyd kill it if they did them cause the medies are crapola.

i know ryan. i own both croc and old check my flickr. i didnt even know his camo was snakes til you pointed it out!!!!! i just thought it was a random blendable pattern. ive never heard anyone say snake camo. also why no mgs4 snake and raiden by hoot toys? theyd kill it if they did them cause the medies are crapola.

:lol You didn't noticed the Croc cap was wearing snake camo? That's like, the best camo in the game man!

Well I guess the reason I don't see HT doing MGS4 just yet is because of Kojima himself. Kojima would be the fist person to hint of such a release and so often he'd be hinting in his tweets like crazy (such as the announcement of HT Sneaking Snake/The Boss).

Unfortunately, Kojima seems to be all about Raiden & GZ right now. I don't see him going crazy for MGS2/4/MPO these past months. Hope I'm wrong though!

me too. all i collect at the moment is mgs. i sold off everything else and just focusing on this and i may venture into ZOE. as far as im concerned if they released 1 or 2 figs a month id be okay with that. PAK or HT.

Back