Warcraft

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leave the house to see Warcraft?

wow.jpg

(but that's awesome news)

Comic books have ruled cinema for the past decade now. I've been saying for years whoever can get the formula for Video Game to film right for once will be the first to open a new market and make billions.

Such vast potenitial in Half Life, Doom, Dead Space, Bioshock, Zelda, Team Fortress, Portal, Halo, Mass Effect, GTA, Metal Gear, Splinter Cell etc etc most with the ability to carry at least a trilogy.

Duncan Jones at the helm is definately the first correct step.

LOVE this news. Moon is one of my favorite movies. Can't wait to see what he does with this. :yess:

Sounds great, awesome cinematics, check out the new Heart of the Swarm one for Starcraft 2 if you haven't seen it.

Comic books have ruled cinema for the past decade now. I've been saying for years whoever can get the formula for Video Game to film right for once will be the first to open a new market and make billions.

Such vast potenitial in Half Life, Doom, Dead Space, Bioshock, Zelda, Team Fortress, Portal, Halo, Mass Effect, GTA, Metal Gear, Splinter Cell etc etc most with the ability to carry at least a trilogy.

Duncan Jones at the helm is definately the first correct step.

How could you have a list of games that would make great films and not include Red Dead Redemption!?!?! Especially you, Deckard. With our mutual love of Deadwood, I figured that would be a particular stand-out title for you.:lol

Its great news. The Warcraft franchise can be turned into a *****-achingly awesome, fun, humorous and very stylish flick. In fact I would say that there's a bigger potential for a great, entertaining adventure cinema than in the new SW film. And with such talented geek as Jones at the helm of it all, the popcultural potential of Warcraft will not be wasted. I am stoked.

lok'tar ogar nerds. Long live Metzen.

Warcraft Movie

It was just announced at the WB/Legendary panel at Comic Con. Filming starts next year.

empiremagazine: They just showed a teaser for World Of Warcraft! People are losing their freakin' minds! #SDCC

devincf: WARCRAFT teaser is AWESOME. Blizzard's great landscape design of Durotar is there. Teaser had looting, PvP element. Really cool. #SDCC

EricVespe: They just showed a teaser for Warcraft. Orc circling a man with dragon sword... Brings down the hammer, squishes dude

totalfilm: Duncan Jones is here! #SDCC

devincf : I really want them to put that online. You guys will go nuts. #SDCC

EricVespe: Warcraft starts shooting early 2014, per @ManMadeMoon

Re: Warcraft Movie

Nice news ....To bad it won't come out for another few years by then what if WoW isn't relavant? I would have loved to see this movie when I was into wow 3-4 years ago now ....not so much.

Re: Warcraft Movie

I played WoW for about 2 weeks and then dropped it. It just wasn't my thing. I always enjoyed the visuals though, and those cutscenes they always showed. So I'll look forward to a movie, because those cutscenes were the only thing I really liked about the game :lol

Back