GG Gandalf the Grey Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fritz

My muse is a fickle b**ch
Reaction score
https://www.gentlegiantltd.com/catalog/?id=159

main.jpg

Gandalf looks great at SDCC. This line will be a cool one one. I'm gonna be so broke.

jlcmsu said:
Gandalf looks great at SDCC. This line will be a cool one one. I'm gonna be so broke.

I was hoping to be able to avoid this line but so far they all seem great. What's another $40 every now and then?

The only thing I don't like about the GG LOTR bust line is the bases. Too big and bulky. But the likenesses are amazing. (I really wish that Saruman had been officially revealed today...)

tomandshell said:
The only thing I don't like about the GG LOTR bust line is the bases. Too big and bulky. But the likenesses are amazing. (I really wish that Saruman had been officially revealed today...)

Quite surprised he wasn't since he was shown with Gandalf at SDCC. Not complaining though considering the other one that was announced.

tomandshell said:

That actually is the draw for me, I really don't like the Star Wars busts because their bases are so simplistic and small. At least these give the busts some more height, not to mention they don't all look like they were cut off at the waist. :cool:

The bases on the GG SW busts are simple so are the SSW busts bases just they are taller. I like the bases on the GG stuff but I do kind of like the simple look as well.

jlcmsu said:
The bases on the GG SW busts are simple so are the SSW busts bases just they are taller. I like the bases on the GG stuff but I do kind of like the simple look as well.

No doubt about it the SSW bases were/are simple, but they are at the very least elegant. They have a far more classic feel to them, then the "I just set half a statue on a coaster" look. :lol

At least these busts more than somewhat resemble the actors which is more than I can say about the SSW busts.

I love almost all the SSW busts except the likeness on most of them is brutal.

Well, they have a bit more a design to them but then again I don't buy busts for the bases. So as long as they don't ditract from the piece I'm ok.

Calle_Sandell said:
hmm.. I think something looks a bit of, can't put my finger on it...

I'm not sure why they decided to go with a hatless Gandalf, but it doesn't take anything away from the piece, at least to me.

I agrees with Calle, I think Gandalf looks pretty much the worst of the three published for now..
:eek:

I missed this at first:

April 2007, brings Gentle Giant’s next releases in the Lord of the Rings mini bust line. These new busts will be the first in the line with a special light-up feature. Gandalf is the guide, mentor and wizened sage to the people of Middle-earth. The Gandalf Light-Up mini bust will retail for $50 and stand 7.5 inches tall. To pair up with the release of Gandalf, Gentle Giant is proud to announce the Balrog Light-Up mini bust. The first great test of the Fellowship of the Ring, the Balrog, will retail for $55 and stands 8 inches tall and 9 inches wide.

tomandshell said:
I missed this at first:

I think that's a rad idea. I wonder if others will have that same thing. How cool would it be to have a Saruman with a glowing palintier (sp- sorry):eek:

Back