Doctor Strange: the movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully SS will make a Dr Strange PF and I can complete my Defenders group with Hulk, Silver Surfer and Namor.

I'd love to see them forget this avengers sequel bollocks and do Strange, Daredevil, Blade, Punisher, Iron Fist & Moon Knight movies leading into a street level team-up

I'd love to see them forget this avengers sequel bollocks and do Strange, Daredevil, Blade, Punisher, Iron Fist & Moon Knight movies leading into a street level team-up

I could get behind this...but not at the expense of some more Avengers awesomeness.

But I really like Doc Strange, Moon Knight, and Daredevil and I don't hate Punisher, Blade or Iron Fist. And as well as they are doing the Marvel stuff at Disney/Marvel...I bet they could rock these guys.

After reading the article, you may get a little of what you want with phase III.

I would love a Doctor Strange movie if they just really took it and ran with it in the same way they kind of let loose with the cosmic stuff in Avengers. It's a great character that deserves to be popular again. It's been years since I've read a good Doctor Strange comic, though, it has to be said. I enjoyed "The Oath" mini-series recently. However, this is one of those films they said they were going to do forever. So I'll believe it when I see it.

Good news I guess. Personally, I like Strange most for his time in the '70s Defenders. That group was so gloriously dysfunctional. Hard to imagine them surpassing the classic original though.

XIfvcM3.jpg

You really hate The Avengers, don't you? :lol

They've alway been a meh team of mismatched characters to me, lots of flash, little substance. The MCU is like HT, they get the rights to Daredevil and other awesome heroes to stop other companies making things from them and then don't make anything from them themselves, Fans therefore are the ones losing out.

We'd be getting a Daredevil film alongside the X-Men, Captain America and other films if Marvel didn't get the rights back so they could NOT make a Daredevil film.

A Daredevil film or Iron Fist or Moon Knight film from other studios beats not getting any of them from Marvel Studios. :lecture

After reading the article, you may get a little of what you want with phase III.

Hope so, i just wanna see new title heroes on screen

Last edited:
Dr. Strange: BRINNNNGGG EEETTTTTT! Bring it.

Please no stupid casting choices like Johnny Depp or Nicholas Cage, though. That would kill the whole project.

Strange ought to be fun to see. interesting to see someone who actually didn't like the Avengers though. Nova would pass on Avengers vs Thanos? :cuckoo: Wow.

Strange ought to be fun to see. interesting to see someone who actually didn't like the Avengers though. Nova would pass on Avengers vs Thanos? :cuckoo: Wow.

I just don't blindly worship it because it's cool to do so. It was a good film, not the best film in the history of mankind like people act, not even the best marvel film.

I'm far more interested in Guardians vs Thanos. He's had little to no interaction with Avengers for a long time (only recently) and fits in with them more as he's a cosmic character. A new character or team beats another round of Avengers, hell i'd give up the next Spider-Man or X-Men (a.ka. the undisputed best marvel franchises) movies for an Iron Fist of Nova movie.

I seem to be the only person interested in seeing a "Marvel Cinematic Universe" rather than an Avengers Cinematic Universe, Everyone wants characters shoehorned into that team whether it makes sense or not. :dunno

I hope Doc Strange is the first of many to be in the MCU without having to be an avenger or feature not-nick fury.

Last edited:

No accounting for taste.

Just hoping we can get Strange cast true to type. I wonder if they are going to do the Dark Dimension storyline? That would be awesome.

Give it time & Marvel will make a Daredevil film. Disney have only just recently bought Marvel & have already announced that there making Guardians & Ant Man. That's already two movies with characters which people won't know of unless there familiar with the comics, so that's a big gamble on there behalf. Disney & Marvel are doing well just give them time. Besides every Marvel movie 20th Century have made have been pretty **** IMO

I was kind of hoping Marvel might be leading up to some multi-studio Infinity Gauntlet.

This sounds like a "find the one that doesn't fit' question.:) I can see how Blade, Punisher, Iron Fist, and Daredevil are alike, and I can see how Moon Knight is sort of like Daredevil, but Dr. Strange is so unlike the others, being that all the others are about hand to hand, and Dr. Strange is all about magic and almost no hand to hand. Dr. Strange is sort of like Moon Knight, though, since they both have magical powers.

Dr. Strange stands on his own, and to do the movie right, it needs to be all about him and his origin, with the end being about his fight with baron Mordo, or even Dormammu.

Back