The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Josh

Ringer @ Heart
Reaction score
9C564AB3-ACBB-456E-9061-694E1C310F99-7331-000003143057DD37.jpg

AE61BF6A-B597-4107-B414-57E2241D7D2D-7331-000003142EBC5754.jpg

FFF385E3-59FE-4E53-A44A-13BFE99E9B7B-7331-00000314300127F1.jpg

Release: December 13, 2013

As good as The Hobbit: AUJ was I believe this is where non-book readers will really get into things with Mirkwood, Beorn, Smaug, more stuff with the Necromancer. Its going to get more serious and for some I think more of what people expected with The Lord of the Rings. I will say it will never quite hit that though because the stakes are very different within Middle-earth.

I have a feeling it will not end with the death of Smaug...but it will end will Smaug being pissed off after talking with Bilbo then killing the ponies outside and almost getting Bilbo and Dwarves forcing them to lock themselves in the mountain...then Smaug heads for Laketown to destory it...that's how IMHO it should end...The third should have the awesome Laketown Battle and death of smaug in the beginning and end the film with the Battle of 5 armies...The final scene of the entire trilogy should have Gollum leaving his cave looking for Baggins and Precious and they should show the foundations of Barad-dur being laid...That's how I want it to end...IMHO...They definetely should not bump off Smaug in the second film...no way

Last edited:
I have a feeling it will not end with the death of Smaug...but it will end will Smaug being pissed off after talking with Bilbo then killing the ponies outside and almost getting Bilbo and Dwarves forcing them to lock themselves in the mountain...then Smaug heads for Laketown to destory it...that's how IMHO it should end...The third should have the awesome Laketown Battle and death of smaug in the beginning and end the film with the Battle of 5 armies...The final scene of the entire trilogy should should Gollum leaving his cave looking for Baggins and Precious and they should show the foundations of Barad-dur being laid...That's how I want it to end...IMHO...They definetely should not bump off Smaug in the second film...no way

I could see it going that way. I think you need to end it on some kind of calm note.

Any pics of Beorn yet???

Just this on the original scroll

cd5a16caa02b92e53384be50c468ad08.jpg

I have a feeling it will not end with the death of Smaug...but it will end will Smaug being pissed off after talking with Bilbo then killing the ponies outside and almost getting Bilbo and Dwarves forcing them to lock themselves in the mountain...then Smaug heads for Laketown to destory it...that's how IMHO it should end...The third should have the awesome Laketown Battle and death of smaug in the beginning and end the film with the Battle of 5 armies...The final scene of the entire trilogy should should Gollum leaving his cave looking for Baggins and Precious and they should show the foundations of Barad-dur being laid...That's how I want it to end...IMHO...They definetely should not bump off Smaug in the second film...no way

:horror:horror:horror spoiler alert, spoiler alert......:lol

I could see it going that way. I think you need to end it on some kind of calm note.

Just this on the original scroll

cd5a16caa02b92e53384be50c468ad08.jpg

IMHO The calm note would be after Smaug heads to lake Town Bilbo and all the dwarves looking into Erebor and seeing the gold with the same eyes they saw Erebor at the end of the first film...That would be it before the credits roll if it was up to me..just perfect..on a further note due to my non savvy ways I have no clue how to add a spoiler alert anyway,etc...I just reread the entire Annotated Hobbit and came up with these notions of how I would like the films to be presented

It's up to you guys, but because of this being such an old book, would just putting spoilers in the title be enough?

Back