Statue Ares God of War Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

averone

Super Freak
Reaction score
ARH Studios is planning to bring you Ares God of War 1/4 statue for your enjoyment this year

Measurements guys!!
Now you know!!!

Order this God of WAR here:

Error 404 - Not Found

Ares was the Greek god of war. He is one of the Twelve Olympians, and the son of Zeus and Hera. In Greek literature, he often represents the physical or violent aspect of war, in contrast to the armored Athena, whose functions as a goddess of intelligence include military strategy and generalship.

He was a dangerous force, "overwhelming, insatiable in battle, destructive, and man-slaughtering.

Finished product - will be ready for Sideshow soon
Official pics
Going up or sale soon

Ares20131-m.jpg

Ares20136-m.jpg

Ares20132-m.jpg

Ares20133-m.jpg

Ares20134-m.jpg

Ares20135-m.jpg

Ares20137-m.jpg

Last edited:
AT LASTT!!!:peace
oo man do we really need to wait untill SDCC :(
it means you going to release it in 2014 r u??!!

Holy :horrorsmokes, that is AWESOME!!! Face looks like Leonidas--don't change it. The vulture is so cool. A masterpiece. Who designed that? :clap (uh...winning!)

The sculpt is almost done being printed digitally
This sculpt was done by the same great artist who did our Medusa
Alejandro Pereira of Spain and our partner at ARH Studios

Nice, but I thought it was the game(god of the war) lol, I wish you guys do 1/4 kratos.

It's not a girl! :)

The warrior his stepping on is actually smaller in scale
Ares being a god is huge! As big as our Thor was.

It looks very promossing love the sculpt , I hope they add alot
More details, more on the evil side he is the god of war.
Just plain horses on the chest plate is boring. Need to get
Creative and do more for this bad mofo :)

From what I understand..correct me if I am wrong Alex..is that it is not changing now..too late??..we just waiting to see it painted now?

I made my feelings known about this statue to ARH..I also think it needed to be more powerful and looking more war like...There are some features of this statue which should have been done different...in my opinion..... The God of War is lacking energy and looks too much like an old man......resting and looking tired of war..a little boring..average looking..don't get me wrong the size of this statue is awesome..but you also need to capture the moment or a moment right! It is the moments that matter! The God of War could have been captured in a more glorious moment in WAR!

Things that should be considered more for war are;

Holding of the Spear - I think better holding spear with strong grip (like the Achilles, Leonidas & Athena statue) Holding the spear off the ground is more inspiring! ARES has a relaxed grip on the spear...resting it on the ground..very boring and soft.. a little like a walking stick to help him climb over the dead bodies and climb the hill...even having the spear reversed and held being stabbed into one of the bodies on the floor might have been good idea..

Holding of Sheild - I think the shield being held rather carelessly....by a God of War....showing the inside of the shield to the enemy...exposing the body the arm etc. ..
I would have thought a better idea would be showing the outside of the shield and protecting the arm and body from the enemy is the purpose of a shield. (like the Achilles, Leonidas & Athena)

It defeats the purpose of having a spear and shield if you can’t hold them correctly in war...

Also...the Vulture - Just sitting there doing nothing...looks very tamed..ready to be patted on the head...given a cracker..”polly want a cracker” ..it might as well be a parrot...not fierce enough! Owl on Athena is more fierce!

Sorry to nitpick...just being honest...still a fan!!

Not all will agree with me..just giving my opinion for the record

This all being said...I am still waiting to see it completed..and its good very good looking statue..and on the list to buy

:peace

Do not change anything,to me it looks like he is enjoying he's moment of victory in the battle field. With the fallen soldier beneath him. The relax pose is because the battle has already finished. To me perfect pose. Do not like to many action poses of statues.

Do not change anything,to me it looks like he is enjoying he's moment of victory in the battle field. With the fallen soldier beneath him. The relax pose is because the battle has already finished. To me perfect pose. Do not like to many action poses of statues.

Oh I see it now....the harsh and relentless God of War in the moment of victory on the battle field!!! :slap

But I bet he took pleasure in all the slaughter and bloodshed!!..so this statue going to have heaps of blood yeah??:yess:

Well regarding the vulture I suppose even that needs a rest...sitting there digesting all the food and enjoying the victory too...:monkey1

:hi5:

I think they should change it to show a softer side of Ares. We always see his God of War self, but why not make the exclusive for this statue him reading a good book with one hand while petting a kitten with the other? With tears in his eyes and the helmet removed too, this could be one of the most beautiful pieces ever ;_;

Oh I see it now....the harsh and relentless God of War in the moment of victory on the battle field!!! :slap

But I bet he took pleasure in all the slaughter and bloodshed!!..so this statue going to have heaps of blood yeah??:yess:

Well regarding the vulture I suppose even that needs a rest...sitting there digesting all the food and enjoying the victory too...:monkey1

:hi5:

I do not know if your being sarcastic or not :dunno,as a greek i like it the way it is.:clap

Back