So who is going to buy the Theatrical Version of the Star Wars Trilogy tomorrow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will you be buying the Star Wars Trilogy

• Yes, will be pick them up

Votes: 41 48.8%
  • It depends on the price of them

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • No, I just cant justify buying another copy of the Trilogy

Votes: 32 38.1%
  • No, I like the special edition better anyway

Votes: 7 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jason2885

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well tomorrow is the big day that some have waited a long time for. Even though the DVDs arent anamorphic I plan on picking them up because well it is better than my pan and scan VHS copy. Im not to sure that Lucas will put these on another release so we might as well get them now.
I will be getting my copy sometime tomorrow at Best Buy because I am a sucker for cool packaging and they have the tins with all 3 movies so Im going to pick the set up there. How many people plan on getting these.

I am... I sold off my SE's a few months ago (but I kept the box and Empire of Dreams) so now I will have them all again. I know most people are complaining about thew transfers but for me they will look just like they did when I saw them in the theater back in the day and thats exactly what I want.

I plan on keeping the Empire of Dreams disc, selling my 3 SE DVD's on Ebay, and picking up the new tin from Best Buy tomorrow.

I will , now I just have to decide what special item I want with it. I think Im leaning towards the Best Buy one.

I'm passing. Lucasfilm suckered me into believe that they'd never release it EVER. So I bought the special edition last year. I haven't even watched it enough times to make it worth while to buy yet another set.

I'll just watch my laserdiscs if I must.

Plus who knows... after the blu-ray/hd battle gets sorted out, they'll release it another few times.

I'm anticipating a box set with inserted deleted scenes and stuff. I know GL monkey with these things at least 4 more times.

Anzik Hayes said:
I'm anticipating a box set with inserted deleted scenes and stuff.

Most of the deleted scenes (at least for ANH) are of major piss poor quality.. there is no way they will ever be put back into the movies.

I still have my VHS, and a VHS player around somewhere, I can pass. Ya know these will just be out next year in the big box set, which will be released again after HD vs Blu Ray is settled (with HD being the winner).

Pass.

(the message you have entered is too short. please lengthen your message to be at least 10 characters)

Khev said:
I'll get 'em. And I'll get the six movie 30th anniversary box set next year, and all six films on HD as well. :)

I'm sure I will too... I have given into the fact that I am George's female dog. :lsvader

I'll get them as my bootleg OT discs which were taken from the laserdisc don't work particularly well so it will be nice to have the films I originally fell in love with on official DVD.

bcm77 said:
I'll get them as my bootleg OT discs which were taken from the laserdisc don't work particularly well so it will be nice to have the films I originally fell in love with on official DVD.

Same boat, I'll get them since my bootlegs are good, but the voices are a bit out of sync. Hopefully these will be a little better and I also don't own the SE's on DVD... so it should be a win-win. I'd like the Best Buy Tin, but the closest one is an hour away and I don't feel like driving.

Darth Sheba said:
No. All I want is the O-OT properly restored, and that's not what's in this set. :(

Amen to that. If they would've been done right, I'd be going to buy these first thing tomorrow morning. Since that isn't the case, though, it's a big NO SALE for me.

I have already pre-ordered them via futureshop.ca

I actually prefer the 2004 version to the originals (except for a few changes like Han shoot's first) but I want a copy of the originals in my collection and these will be better than my old VHS "Full Screen" (which I recently gave away) tapes.

And yes, I am 32 and saw the originals at theatre when I was young and still prefer the new 2004 SE.

I already own the 2004 SE and will keep them as back up's.

:emperor

Back