PS4 and XBOX720 specs leaked.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol I think I need my popcorn for when I'm reading the replies to that!

Thanks for the link though, gonna check it out now!

the video card for the xbox720 is worth 60 bux on ncix.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

I dont understand why can they put new technology on the consoles.
why not a GTX 690 its being out for months.

Because a GTX 690 is $1,000

Think of this, the hardware currently in the Xbox 360 and PS3 is way old, and consider what has been accomplished with it, Assassin's Creed 3, Halo 4, Uncharted 3, The Last of Us. That's pretty damn good for that low-end hardware. They don't have to get the newest hardware to greatly increase the console power over the previous generation. And they definitely won't, because they can't afford to have consoles as expensive as the last generation started at.

As long as every single game is guaranteed 1080P, I'm bought. A bonus is if it's backwards compatible to run all PS3 and 360 games in 1080P. I'm OK with consoles not looking as good as PC games, I just wish most console games can run at a higher resolution.

PC gaming is already moving towards 1440P, so hopefully PS4 will be 1080P.

-

My pc still kills this specs.

tumblr_mfrnuyxu3n1rmt3tbo1_400_zpsaf791b1f.gif

On another note, I can't wait to see a new xbox.

As long as every single game is guaranteed 1080P, I'm bought. A bonus is if it's backwards compatible to run all PS3 and 360 games in 1080P. I'm OK with consoles not looking as good as PC games, I just wish most console games can run at a higher resolution.

PC gaming is already moving towards 1440P, so hopefully PS4 will be 1080P.

-

I don't see the completely backwards compatible thing happening at all sadly.

The specs aren't a surprise at all... consoles are always playing catch up with PC's.
And sadly they will continue to hold PC games back with ports.

Expect 1080p games to be locked at 32fps... launch games will probably look like 3 year old PC's on low settings.

And I highly doubt games will be backwards compatible, especially with the Playstation Orbis since the architecture is different.

When new consoles come out, they're usually pretty powerful considering... but this time it's quite underwhelming. Looks like they don't want to take a loss on each console sold this time.

Will we finally have true HD gaming for consoles?

Gaming PCs are only a waste of money if you dont get enjoyment out of them. There's still a ton of PC exclusives as well.

These specs arent great, but Im not surprised either. Sony and MS have been reluctant to even make the first steps toward new hardware, so to see that they might be going cheap isn't really a shock. I'm sure theyll still sell like gangbusters and be home to some great games.

My comp's running an overclocked GTX 480 at the moment. It cost $400 or $500 in summer '10, now it's $300-350. Pretty decent jump in graphics from console games, but even that's probably over-budget for Sony and Microsoft at this point.

With consoles, it's all about the exclusive games and split-screen for me. Graphics aren't really a factor.

I really don't believe we need improved graphics on the consoles. The gameplay is where it's at.

What we need is improved performance.
Higher, smoother framerates is what I hope they focus on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back