Walter Skinner

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustinLuck

Super Freak
Reaction score
Today was the first time I have ever tried repainting. I was a bit scared at first, but it is actually quite a lot of fun. :) Here is my first try at Skinner:

skinner600kq4.jpg

Great job JL! Are you sure that was your first try? ;)

I am now entering month #2 in my timid repaint of Luke.. Going very slow. I wish I had the bravado and the skill you do! :duff

Thanks for the compliments everyone! :) Pixletwin, please keep us updated with your Luke repaint. Don't be scared. Just go with your gut and PAINT :) I know I sure have a lot to learn. That's why I started off very basic. I just wanted to even out his skin tone and smooth out his wrinkles a bit. I felt the red blemishes and wrinkles just made him look too old for the character. I also gave him dark brown hair instead of the original black/gray. I will continue tweaking his paint to improve his overall skin tone. I sure found out that it is much more difficult than I first imagined to mix paint for the skin! I started off with a basic flesh paint, then added about five additional colors to get it right (yellows, reds, browns). I know lighting has a huge effect on how a likeness is perceived, so here is a second pic that is a bit closer. I know the second pic's exposure is too dark.:cool: Will take more pics later!

clipboard600xm7.jpg

Here's a work in progress pic when I started putting on his first coat of skin paint:

progress600bm5.jpg

Good job! I don't know why SS puts those red blemishes around the eyes. It doesn't add much and when it's heavily applied, it throws off the likeness.

Can't wait to get my Skinner!

Here's a couple more pics. I haven't gotten the clothing to look good enough to my liking yet. I might end up making my own. Please post pics of your own Skinner's! :)

clipboard600pv4.jpg

clipboard1600fh9.jpg

very nice work Justin. thing i dislike the most are his silver glasses. they never were silver. i'd paint mine but they're already too thick and that's make 'em thicker. i'm thinking of getting some of these...

https://cgi.ebay.com/1-6-figure-met...789QQihZ018QQcategoryZ348QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

or probably these. the next ones may not be quite big enough but the metal ones above don't seem to have any lense.

https://www.forevervirginia.com/gallery2/forsale/glasses/glasses_round.jpg.html

she makes custom tho.

https://www.forevervirginia.com/gallery2/forsale/glasses/

WOW!!! That looks great. What paint and steps did you do?? ....if you have time :monkey3

Wow, thanks for the link Mookeylama! I just placed my order. But I wonder what they are made of exactly...? Paper? It says you cut them out. But how does she do those transparent lenses?

And NOW here's the next challenge Mookeylama. Where can we find some nice looking formal attire for our dear Walter Skinner?? :)

Last edited:
JustinLuck said:
Wow, thanks for the link Mookeylama! I just placed my order. But I wonder what they are made of exactly...? Paper? It says you cut them out. But how does she do those transparent lenses?

And NOW here's the next challenge Mookeylama. Where can we find some nice looking formal attire for our dear Walter Skinner?? :)

she posts at another board i go to and from what i gather they are printed on a transparrent sheet. i'm guessing thin plastic since they do have lenses and she states u can bend them to fit. i'm just hoping the biggest round ones are big enough. ordered some too today so we'll see.

oh and don't get the metal ones i posted. read in another thread here that someone thought the really ugly glasses in the early prototype pics that SS had up were those metal ones from HLJ.

Thanks for the link Bluesparrow. I ordered a couple and look forward to their arrival! :)

Three of the suits I ordered arrived today. First impressions are good. Definitely a notch up from Sideshow's attire. I am particularly impressed that they use actual knotted ties and not the cheap elastic trick.

img5347600tn5.jpg

Back