Christopher Nolan's Interstellar

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

batfan08

Super Freak
Reaction score
The 'Dark Knight Rises' director is negotiating to board the sci-fi project written by his brother and longtime collaborator Jonathan Nolan

With his Batman trilogy now complete, Christopher Nolan has found his next project.
According to multiple sources, Nolan has set his sights on a sci-fi project titled Interstellar, which he is in talks to direct and produce. The project involves time travel and alternate dimensions in a story that sees a group of explorers travel through a wormhole. The script is based on scientific theories developed by a Kip Thorne, a theoretical physicist, a gravitational physicist and astrophysicist at Caltech.
Sources say that dealmaking has been underway for months and is described as very complex.

Interstellar is set up at Paramount but would be made by both Paramount and Warner Bros., where Nolan and his Syncopy banner are based and for which he has made the three Batman movies as well as Insomnia and Inception. (The Prestige was made for Disney.)
The script for Interstellar was written by Jonathan Nolan, Chris' brother, who worked on The Dark Knight Rises and The Dark Knight, as well as Prestige. Jonathan Nolan (known as Jonah) also has a "story by" credit for Memento, Chris Nolan’s breakout movie.
Steven Spielberg was previously attached to direct Interstellar and produce with Lynda Obst. It is unclear if Spielberg will remain involved, especially considering the director's planned next movie, Robopocalypse, was delayed indefinitely on Wednesday.

Regardless of how a deal shakes out, Interstellar has all the elements that seem to attract Nolan. Apart from his brother’s involvement, there is the complex and multi-layered nature of the story.
Nolan is repped by WME and Bloom Hergott.

https://m.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/christopher-nolan-talks-direct-interstellar-410616

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyc6RJEEe0U]Interstellar Movie - Official Teaser - YouTube[/ame]

Trailer courtesy of Vivek.

Last edited:
Huh... This has long been in the works. It was on my radar due to Jonathan Nolan's script. I was excited with Speilberg helming it but my anticipation has risen ten fold. I was hoping Nolan would take on another sci-fi thriller after he concluded Batman.

Time travel AND alternate universes? And I thought Inception took a few viewings to get a sense of everything going on :lol

Staring:

Michael Caine

Marion Cotillard

Tom Hardy

Cillian Murphy

Ken Wannabe

so this film just switched hands? it went from a great director to what I would call by todays standards an even better film maker? Nolan is more suited for this today than spielberg is, but I wonder if it'll draw to many similarities to Inception, it sounds like it could be just as complex.

I hope this happens. I imagine it would be something people would be talking about for a very long time. A sci fi movie where the effects does NOT take a seat in front of the story. It's been so long since I've since a movie like that. The Matrix was maybe the last movie I can remember.

Back