Are cold temps. detrimental to figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Web_Head91

Super Freak
Reaction score
I wasn't sure where to put this thread.

My husband and I may be moving into an apartment where his sister currently lives. She may move and if she does, we'll take her place there. My concern is that it's got a heating/electricity set up where you have to put change in every so often to keep it running. I was in there the other day, and his sister has been away for a while so the heating had been off. It was really quite cold in there.

We wouldn't allow it to get that cold while we were there, because to be honest, it was too cold to be living in. What I'm concerned about is if we were to take a trip somewhere, or be away for a few days, and the heating went off. I wouldn't want the cold temperature to damage the figures. It may be a bit of a stupid question, but how cold is too cold for action figures?

I am more concerned with heat as well. I just don't know about how figures hold up against cold weather, as I've never really had to think about it.

Indeed, cold is better than hot.

I've kept leaning PVC figures in my freezer for months, zero problem.

The best is probably a cold place with no light at all.

I keep my boxes & undisplayed stuff in a walk in closet downstairs in the basement. I've done it for about 14 years now and it's worked out pretty well so far, also get a dehumidifier for the room that'll get the moisture down to a minimum

Back