Rocketeer guest review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
The guest review tonight is from Jeff Parker, and he covers the very cool 12" Rocketeer (version 2!) from Medicom. He likes it a lot more than the original, and that one was pretty damn sweet. I haven't ordered one myself, but after seeing Jeff's photos, I might just have to break down. You can find all the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Have a great weekend!

Michael
MWC

Same here, nice review, would have liked a comparison review so he could have pointed out all the upgrades; jacket color, rocket sculpt detail, paint apps, etc. but he did a very nice job with poses, head sculpt changes and I found it very helpful.

very nice! so how many hands does he come w/? the fists, 2 new gloved hands, but does he still come w/ the 2 ungloved hands from the 1st version?

shhhhhhhhhhh. Remember mentioning Highlander is unpleasant for some people.:nono Keep it in the Sandbox where no one is watching. ;) Also, enjoyed reading the Rocketeer review. Glad I have this on order.

He did get 1 thing wrong; the epalettes do un-button,so the rocket pack can be removed...PS

rocketeer looks amazing, still debating on whether or not I want the figure (soon to be getting HT supes and Medi sparrow); but it's getting hard to resist....

congerking said:
rocketeer looks amazing, still debating on whether or not I want the figure (soon to be getting HT supes and Medi sparrow); but it's getting hard to resist....

This guy's a serious collectible, believe me, just a stunning figure... and with the new taller, "flying poseable" body, head, helmet and rocketpack sculpt detail and paint apps improvements, mauser, hands, jacket color improvements, it is THE definitive Rocketeer figure. I love the movie so I had to have him. :lol

Now, Can someone please make me a custom film-accurate Jennifer Connelly in her white dress? :D Oh, My. God, was she ever "fetching" in that flik.

pjam said:
Now, Can someone please make me a custom film-accurate Jennifer Connelly in her white dress? :D Oh, My. God, was she ever "fetching" in that flik.

OMG! i'd give my spleen for a Jen fig! w/ lil rubber boobies!!:D

wait. can i live w/o a spleen?

Mookeylama said:
OMG! i'd give my spleen for a Jen fig! w/ lil rubber boobies!!:D

wait. can i live w/o a spleen?

OMG, the Bell is BACK!

Yeah, Cy Girls body with a custom JC sculpt and some girlie marilyn dress and there ya go.:D Spleen? I don't know, guess you'll know when you have her....

pjam said:
Did you catch her revealing performance in The Hot Spot? :drool It's a shame she became anorexic and starved all those lovely curves away. :monkey2

TheObsoleteMan said:
Did you catch her revealing performance in The Hot Spot? :drool It's a shame she became anorexic and starved all those lovely curves away. :monkey2

Ah... yeah, I heard about that Movie... :D :rolleyes:

Another reason why I love the Rocketeer so much, it really is an underrated Adventure classic IMO.

sheeeoot, her nude scenes in Requiem for a Dream makes Hot Spot look like a Disney film. gawd she's hot. i heard she had breast reduction surgery. that true? whata waste!

Mookeylama said:
sheeeoot, her nude scenes in Requiem for a Dream makes Hot Spot look like a Disney film. gawd she's hot. i heard she had breast reduction surgery. that true? whata waste!

don't know about the surgery, but while watching my baby niece CAREER OPPORTUNITIES came on hbo and I watched a little bit of that. That is a movie in the early 90s, when she was a little heavier, but SO gorgeous. Bring on a fig. of her anyday.

congerking said:
don't know about the surgery, but while watching my baby niece CAREER OPPORTUNITIES came on hbo and I watched a little bit of that. That is a movie in the early 90s, when she was a little heavier, but SO gorgeous. Bring on a fig. of her anyday.

I believe she did Rocketeer right after CO, or at the very least they were filmed very close together...

Does anyone know how movable the torso is on the RAH301 body? I can easily pitch the torso forward and back, but does it "yaw" to the sides? I've been able to do that easily to the Sideshow bodies, but I'm having a difficult time deciphering it on Medicom's. Hard-to-remove outfits don't make it any easier.
"Try a fireman- less to take off." Batman Forever:lol

Sorry to bring this thread back on topic, sorta.

Back