The most meh figures of 2012.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVILFACE

Super Freak
Reaction score
The figures that didn't suck but weren't anything special.

1. HT - Nick Fury
2. Enterbay - MIB
3. HT - Red Skull
4. Hot Toys - Hawkeye
5. Sideshow - Cantina Band Members

The baby doll figures to me look meh, along with tron, avatar, fatburn, bruce lee casuals, and ironman mark 2.

Can these also be about the dummest figure we bought this year, cause I have a contender, I don't know what I was thinking when I bought this:slap

Nope. This is for well done but boring figures.

:lol Interesting catagory, well out of figures I actually bought I guess red skull could fit that slot, it is a excellent figure with and awesome likeness of a cool villain but he does just stand there...............well hey they all just stand there in the end, lazy figures:pfft:

I don't have one in my collection because I don't buy recently released "blockbuster" movie figures. My figures have to marinate in "pop culture" before I feel it is iconic enough to make the purchase!!

DX Luke and DX Terminator.

The first one is beautiful, but I don't know, I guess I don't have the Star Wars fever anymore, as for T2, so bad in comparison to the first one! Great accessories, but man, that head!

The first one is beautiful, but I don't know, I guess I don't have the Star Wars fever anymore, as for T2, so bad in comparison to the first one! Great accessories, but man, that head!
I can actually see the argument for both in a way, but if you put aside the fact that Star Wars is overexposed, Luke is pretty great with the BD options and whatnot. I think the normal version--as nice as it looks--is pretty boring, and he even looks a bit generic in the sculpt department. I think the DX Terminator is pretty "meh" just because it is almost a straight-up rehash with a few new bells and whistles. But. . .I think that's Evilface's favorite figure this year? So, it wasn't going to be on this list :lol

Sideshow Snake Eyes V2
:lecture

I agree its whats stopping me from buying it .

Many of the pics posted of the DX10 are not doing the sculpt much justice due to poor lighting condition, you really need to have it in hand to appreciate how much better it is then the MMS.

DX10 easily should be up for figure of the year, right below DX08 and 09.

Well made but boring?
Hawkeye. Looks nice, but meh, not going to think of buying.
T2 Arnie. As above.
Nick Fury. I considered this, but in hand, meh. So I put it back on the shelf.

Many of the pics posted of the DX10 are not doing the sculpt much justice due to poor lighting condition, you really need to have it in hand to appreciate how much better it is then the MMS.

DX10 easily should be up for figure of the year, right below DX08 and 09.
Fine, it is well made. But is it not boring? Not only is it just some guy in a leather outfit and sunglasses with a blank expression, but it's essentially a rehash. Mind you, I would kill for HT to do the police shootout Arnold from T-1 (which is not all that different from this figure in some ways). But unless he's got battle damage or some other nifty option to set him apart, he's probably gonna look pretty boring if you examine the figure objectively.

Not boring, from the greatest sci-fi sequel of all time and a much needed upgrade which will display better with DX13.

I never bought the COOModel accessories and glad i didn't because they are not as film accurate as the ones included with DX10.

Back