Advice Please: Inherited Eaglemoss Marvel collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redbear

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi.
I hope I have posted this in the right place. I am looking for some advice. My brother passed away and I inherited his collection of marvel figurines by eaglemoss. Details of the collection are listed below. From looking at the eaglemoss website I have worked out the retail value (if bought new) to be over £800, but I don't know how much the collection would be worth if I sold it. I was wondering if people in the know could let me know what you think it's value would be? Also, if people knew where would be a good place to put them up for sale? I would rather sell the collection as a whole rather then split it up.

Thanks in advance for your help

Victoria

pics:
https://flickr.com/gp/threebuttontrick/0Br6B7

9 Stands (4 boxed)
6 Folders (filled with magazines)

102 figurines:
Issue 1 Spiderman
Issue 2 Wolverine
Issue 3 Dr Octopus
Issue 4 The Thing
Issue 5 Magneto
Issue 6 Blade
Issue 7 Silver Surfer
Issue 8 Green Goblin
Issue 9 Captain America
Issue 10 Doctor Doom
Issue 11 Phoenix
Issue 12 Iron Man
Issue 13 Daredevil
Issue 14 Storm
Issue 15 Thor
Issue 16 The Beast
Issue 17 Elektra
Issue 18 Human Torch
Issue 19 Punisher
Issue 20 Black Cat
Issue 21 Captain Britain
Issue 22 Ghost Rider
Issue 23 Killraven
Issue 24 Mephisto
Issue 25 Cyclops
Issue 26 Ultron
Issue 27 Sandman
Issue 28 Mr Fantastic
Issue 29 Rogue
Issue 30 Black Panther
Issue 31 Angel
Issue 32 Venom
Issue 33 Iceman
Issue 34 Red Skull
Issue 35 Gambit
Issue 36 Sub-Mariner
Issue 37 Loki
Issue 38 She-Hulk
Issue 39 Mysique
Issue 40 Dr Strange
Issue 41 The Invisible Woman
Issue 42 Nightcrawler
Issue 43 Medusa
Issue 44 Iron Fist
Issue 45 Shadowcat
Issue 46 Captain Marvel
Issue 47 Emma Frost
Issue 48 The Vision
Issue 49 Bullseye
Issue 50 Hawkeye
Issue 51 Nick Fury
Issue 52 Lizard
Issue 53 Polaris
Issue 54 Nova
Issue 55 Scarlet Witch
Issue 56 Deadpool
Issue 57 Mysterio
Issue 58 Yellowjacket & Wasp
Issue 59 Luke Cage
Issue 60 Super Skrull
Issue 61 Spider-Woman
Issue 62 Electro
Issue 63 Cable
Issue 64 Dormammu
Issue 65 Black Bolt
Issue 66 Psylocke
Issue 67 The Vulture
Issue 68 Hercules
Issue 69 The Leader
Issue 70 Carnage
Issue 71 Quicksilver
Issue 72 Black Widow
Issue 73 Kang
Issue 74 Havok
Issue 75 Falcon
Issue 76 Ms Marvel
Issue 77 Sentry
Issue 78 Crystal
Issue 79 Wonder Man
Issue 80 Mr Sinister
Issue 81 Mole Man
Issue 82 Moon Knight
Issue 83 Deathlok
Issue 84 Sabretooth
Issue 85 Winter Soldier
Issue 86 Scorpion
Issue 87 Lady Deathstrike
Issue 88 Absorbing Man (boxed*)
Issue 89 Guardian (boxed*)
(*only these two have their original boxes, as they arrived after my brother died)

Subscriber Special Red Costume Spider Man
Special 1 The Incredible Hulk
Special 2 Juggernaut
Special 3 Colossus
Special 4 Thanos
Special 5 Black Costume Spiderman
Special 6 Apocalypse
Special 7 Rhino
Special 8 Iron Man
Special 9 Abomination
Special 10 Man Thing
Mega Special 1 Galactus
Mega Special 2 Sentinal

Selling that collection can be done in a couple of different ways, you can split it up and sell it which will take longer but you'll probably make more money with each figure. Or, you can sell it off as whole packaged deal which would be faster but you'll probably make less money. It is a nice collection but you have to look at what people are willing to pay for them not just what the are worth. If you're looking to sell them you can try a local shop or ebay. Good luck and sorry to hear about your brother.

I am sorry for your loss. eBay would probably be the fastest because of the heavy traffic but since the majority of them do not have boxes, it may be difficult for you to sell them unless you specify for a local pick up. I agree, a local comic shop might be the best bet. Good luck and stay strong. *hugs*

I can offer no advice but please accept my heartfelt condolencies for the loss of your Brother.

For me I might keep the items as to remember them by but everybody has their own reasons why they do things.
Truly sorry to hear about your brother and best of luck with the sale.

Sorry to hear about your Brother.

I had this collection (i can't remember how many i had but it was more than you have listed). They were all boxed and had the magazines too. And I had about 30 of the DC ones.

I sold them on eBay and managed to get about £400. This was about 18 months ago.

Unfortunately they don't hold their value. They might be selling for more nowadays. The best way to see what they go for is to find other (similar) collection for sale on ebay or where ever.

Thanks everyone,
I have other things of his that I'm keeping. If I didn't live in such a tiny studio, I'd be more inclined to keep the collection, but I just don't have the space, and I think there's someone out there who would love them, and be able to appreciate them and give them the space they deserve, you know?

No advice about the collection but so sorry for the loss of your brother. I really can't imagine having to move on from that.

Back