HT Superman re-issued?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batman5

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have heard rumor of this happening. Are there any chances that HT would do this? I for one, would love it if they did.

That'd be real cool since I don't have him... although since they were individually numbered I could see some collectors getting pisssed.

I haven't heard that.

The certificate of authenticity states the Hot Toys edition size is strictly limited to 1200.

I don't get why collectors would be pissed? They would still have the first batch. Anyways this rumor was just a single post over from sixthscalewarriors. He was curious if anyone had heard, so I decieded to be curious over here as well.

Batman5 said:
I have heard rumor of this happening. Are there any chances that HT would do this? I for one, would love it if they did.

they've done it before with their other figures, so i don't see why not with superman. just a few years ago they were the kings of unauthorized celebrity figures, so we know they have no business ethics.:rotfl

Just some, you always have people who buy with the expectation that there will only be the 1200 announced, so if it ups to 3,000 its then less exclusive, valuable etc.

Like I said it wouldn't bother me, but I'm sure others it would... you know the old exclusivity debate :rolleyes:

I paid retail for it, so it doesn't bother me. But some people who paid north of $200 might be pissed. When a company says it's limited then it ought to be limited. So consumers can know they don't have a reasonable expectation of more being produced.

However if they change it - maybe a sculpt with a different expression, or Clark Kent clothes - I think it's valid (and I'd buy again).

Look at Robocop 3...

I also heard the rumor from Hng-Kong, but no one knows for sure....

But one guy in an Asia based forum said HT will release "ANOTHER" Superman figure soon. It's Supe Returns Clark Ken or...Reeve??......we will see.

KamenGuyver said:
I also heard the rumor from Hng-Kong, but no one knows for sure....

But one guy in an Asia based forum said HT will release "ANOTHER" Superman figure soon. It's Supe Returns Clark Ken or...Reeve??......we will see.

If Hot Toys is out for Medicom, it should be Clark Kent. Personally, I'd love to see Lex Luther ... but, really, anything from them would get my attention.

if hot toys makes a clark kent figure, he should have the "S" under his shirt, so a "shirt rip" pose is possible.:chew

captain sack said:
if hot toys makes a clark kent figure, he should have the "S" under his shirt, so a "shirt rip" pose is possible.:chew

What would be really nice is a reissue of the HT Superman (with a slightly different head sculpt to differentiate the two figures) but make the cape and boots easily removable and include a Clark Kent wardrobe. That way you have two figures in one. Granted, the price will be higher (maybe around $175), but I think that'd be an awesome figure to have!!!

Sith Lord 0498 said:
What would be really nice is a reissue of the HT Superman (with a slightly different head sculpt to differentiate the two figures) but make the cape and boots easily removable and include a Clark Kent wardrobe. That way you have two figures in one. Granted, the price will be higher (maybe around $175), but I think that'd be an awesome figure to have!!!

Dang, you guys have some awesome ideas! I don't think I'd buy another HT supes just because I am happy with the one I have. :D

captain sack said:

Now that would be cool!

AWESOME, seeing as though I don't have him and want him. Where did you read this? and where can we see if they do rerelease and where can we buy?

Ahhhhh....I got one...I'm fine with it. Routh that is.
As for a Reeve...wishful thinking????
It sure would be interesting to see one.

I would like to see either a Clark Kent Routh or a Lex from SR.
Whatever they do, should be interesting.

I don't know, but maybe the rumor of a rerelease relates to some of the "Blister Direct" allotment of figures showing up on HLJ and other asian sites. Also some more figures showing up from the Canadian distrribution recently. HLJ is where my HT Superman is coming from and I expect it this week. Better late than never.
Just speculating, but I think when HT does a successful licensed figure like "Superman Returns" or "Batman Begins" 1/6th they would like to continue cordial relations with the licensors and not endanger that relationship by offering unauthorized expanded releases. I imagine if they say edition size of 1,200 that's probably what they produce.

Back