Destiny (Bungie's new title)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadMoon

Demi G0D Overseer
Reaction score
Wow! :rock

https://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/28/destiny-story-details-concept-art-leaked

destiny-35jpg-489af9-610x291.jpg

destiny-12jpg-8430f4-610x438.jpg

thirdtimesthecharmjpg-843114-610x343.jpg

71-610x290.jpg

32-300x215.jpg

Last edited:
Looks amazing...but them saying they are going to make it "less mature" then Halo has me worried. Nothing is more immature then Grunts, :lol.

I'll give it a chance; Curious if Bungie can move past Halo. Still think they were nuts for totally moving on but understand there is only so long until you get bored

your intrest are very low. Halo 4 kicks ass

To be honest I know Celtic can be douchey at times (like myself) but he has a point. Think about how many games are sequels this year, last year, and hell every other year. If you think with that mindset I can understand the level of interest. Big budget FPS sequels are killing some gamers interests in even playing games. I've been playing since the 80's and hardly boot up anymore because I feel like I'm playing the same game over and over again.

Well, I never liked Halo much, just to colorful not my taste since I like it more serious. The concept of this game here looks good but really, not as mature as Halo? How was this title ever mature? A real downer.

To be honest I know Celtic can be douchey at times (like myself) but he has a point. Think about how many games are sequels this year, last year, and hell every other year. If you think with that mindset I can understand the level of interest. Big budget FPS sequels are killing some gamers interests in even playing games. I've been playing since the 80's and hardly boot up anymore because I feel like I'm playing the same game over and over again.

But halo isnt just some pump out the ass fps like cod. Halo games come out like every couple of years and they always bring somthing new in the game genre. Halo was never about sales like Cod it was about story and teamwork and thats why halo isnt just some big bidget fps. its a beloved franchise. But I can see why people may dislike it.

But halo isnt just some pump out the ass fps like cod. Halo games come out like every couple of years and they always bring somthing new in the game genre. Halo was never about sales like Cod it was about story and teamwork and thats why halo isnt just some big bidget fps. its a beloved franchise. But I can see why people may dislike it.

It is a beloved franchise. So what? So is Madden, COD, and all the other big budget games. Yes it is some big budget FPS that is rehashed every year. Why do you think Bungie left it to Microsoft to have? They were tired of churning out game after game. They wanted to do something fresh and new. I commend them for that.

Personally I will agree that I believe Halo is a far deeper and better experience thatn the COD franchise. However, it still doesn't change the fact that quite frankly it's dated.

Art design is nice; that said, their games age badly. Halo 3 looks like its a really nice original XBOX game. I've not known them for their stunning final product. Even when new, its like they use a super old engine half the time. More in the faces of their human characters. Levels in games like ODST look nice, but very date - three year old game looks like its 6 years old to me

Not a hater, but Bungie doesn't have AAA looking games....more like A+ games. Now that said, those stills (if the end game looks half like that, is easily their nicest work to date)

Art design is nice; that said, their games age badly. Halo 3 looks like its a really nice original XBOX game. I've not known them for their stunning final product. Even when new, its like they use a super old engine half the time. More in the faces of their human characters. Levels in games like ODST look nice, but very date - three year old game looks like its 6 years old to me

Not a hater, but Bungie doesn't have AAA looking games....more like A+ games. Now that said, those stills (if the end game looks half like that, is easily their nicest work to date)

Bungie is most certainly guilty of showing hi res photoshopped "in game" images when presenting their games to the public. At least they have with the Halo franchise.

Make no mistake though. I can't wait to play Halo 4.

Looks promising so far. I keep hoping they'll announce a Marathon HD release.

Halo is one of those games that I always look forward to playing, but yes I feel it's starting to show its age. I liked ODST very much. I felt it was a great spin to see the universe through a non-Spartan armor. With that said, I think it should've been an expansion pack for Halo 3.

Sent from my iPhone located on the planet Hoth.

It is a beloved franchise. So what? So is Madden, COD, and all the other big budget games. Yes it is some big budget FPS that is rehashed every year. Why do you think Bungie left it to Microsoft to have? They were tired of churning out game after game. They wanted to do something fresh and new. I commend them for that.

Personally I will agree that I believe Halo is a far deeper and better experience thatn the COD franchise. However, it still doesn't change the fact that quite frankly it's dated.

Um halo 3 2007 , halo reach 2010 and this halo 2012. They didn't churn out games year after year. It defiantly wasn't rehashed either. Each game had something new.

Um halo 3 2007 , halo reach 2010 and this halo 2012. They didn't churn out games year after year. It defiantly wasn't rehashed either. Each game had something new.

Halo ODST 2009. :lecture

I know you don't get my point either so no reason to spend time trying to explain it. :lol

That was a dlc and what point were you trying to make? You said halo churns out games every year I said it didn't ?

Back