House of Cards

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack's Smirking Revenge
Reaction score
Original TV series by David Fincher coming soon on Netflix

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULwUzF1q5w4[/ame]

I don't know why they are calling it an original series as it is obviously just an Americanized adaptation of the BBC House of Cards from 1990 starring Ian Richardson.

The Netflix version will probably be perfectly fine television, but it would never have happened without the BBC original so they really ought to give proper credit to it.

I started watching this a couple of days ago. A pretty awesome show! I love politics, and this show does a great job of dramatizing American politics. So far, I think it's more compelling than West Wing was. And Spacey's performance is magnificent.

I don't know why they are calling it an original series as it is obviously just an Americanized adaptation of the BBC House of Cards from 1990 starring Ian Richardson.

The Netflix version will probably be perfectly fine television, but it would never have happened without the BBC original so they really ought to give proper credit to it.
Must be very loosely based on that one, then, because everything in this show is tied to the distinctly American political, business, and media machines.

If this were on HBO or Showtime I bet people would be ranting and raving about it. Really addicting, and Spacey's character is so great. Up there with your Al Swearengens and Walter Whites of TV IMO.

Watched all but the finale and I'm bummed because it's almost over! Really blown away by this series, it's fantastic and I think Spacey's best work to date!

I started watching earlier this week, and I couldn't stop until I finally finished tonight.

Now for those of you who have finished the first season...

Is it wrong that I'm actually rooting for Francis??

Season finale spoilers ahead

Spoiler Spoiler:

I started watching earlier this week, and I couldn't stop until I finally finished tonight.

Now for those of you who have finished the first season...

Is it wrong that I'm actually rooting for Francis??

Season finale spoilers ahead

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm voting for Frank too!
Spoiler Spoiler:

I just finished season 1 and, my god, when does season 2 start? This is the year of Netflix, people. If you don't have a subscription, get one. First this, then Arrested Development? Yeah, they're really fighting their way up the food chain. Not to mention the sheer star power; David Fincher and Kevin Spacey, and a plethora of others.

It's just a delight to watch; Frank is such a manipulative, conniving, and all around slimy human being, but Spacey plays him with such gravitas that it's hard not to root for him. For a while, there, I was Team Russo, but, even after that series of events, I found it as difficult to hate Frank as it was to believe that I was still rooting for this guy.

I want to see him succeed, too, though; if only so that the sacrifices of others were not made in vain.:lol

Just started this last night - 2 episodes in and completely hooked.
Strong acting + great production values + captivating storylines = glad I gave it a chance.

Have they announced when season two will air? I recently saw all episodes back to back and need to know what will happen next!!

Back