Legend Studios Lit Display case

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Came across this on BBI's page =

8380.jpg

The case is large enough to fit 2 1/6-scale figures with positionable lights.

There's a [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzn6RQgeigU"]demo vid on YouTube[/ame] that gives you a pretty good idea on what it looks like / does. If you have the space this looks like a good way of showcasing certain figures versus cramming them into a display case.

I have a few figures I'd like to put into one, not sure if anyone else has come across this yet.

Man, I wish they would make these bigger for us statue collectors!
These would sell like hot cakes and are easy to ship to any place!

Wow! These are SWEET! I would buy a few of these in a heartbeat if they made them the size of most of our 1/4 collection.

oh sweet!!!! Well I can't tell from the CG video but if you know the thickness of the acrylic you can always cut your own taller version to fit a 1/4 figure as the footprint seem large enough.
I suspect they are using 1/8" acrylic so I would suspect even at this height the side panels may bend without anything holding the panels together in the corners... going taller will certainly amplify the issue but then I would get the taller panels in glass

I do like that touch switch and moveable LED lights.

Probably going to cost a bit more than I can afford though. But that would make one hell of a display

Link to BBI page and I believe they take international orders.

Price wise I've seen this in the $70 range. XL-Shop (which has been around for a while) has it for $65 USD.

some searches on google pulled up a few other vendors with a release of early December.

Saw some actual pictures of the product on one of the websites. Too bad the lights don't look like the spotlights in the CG but but with a LED bulb making it look like Xmas lighting on the end but maybe I find some running to cover it but certainly excited to try this

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

ok I was on the phone but here is the picture and source
48550j.jpg

I thought I saw another picture somewhere else but just can't seem to find it.
The spotlights might not be enough to rely on only but then again using this type of display it would not be in a cabinet but likely on a desk so there should not be a shortage of light

Size-wise this would be good for many figures, not for buckets, unfortunately. I would like to have a nicer way of displaying those!

For smaller figures, Hobby Lobby / Michaels (even Bed, Bath, Beyond) sells clear acrylic stands that would work within the case. I actually have smaller figures on a 3-tier clear stand that was actually a shelf insert for spices that would fit perfectly within one of these.

Overall size is 11.5 " x 8" x 17.75"

Trying to order one from the XL-Shop. Has total at $64.70 and then after you click "Order Now" you are then informed they will send you information regarding shipping costs. From Malaysia to 66062 (Kansas)? Any ideas on how much that'll run??

It does clearly state that after they determine shipping costs, I have the right to then decide if I wish to purchase. Unusual, never completed a transaction this way....hmmm.

Priced much cheaper than I imagined, looks like it'd be great for displaying models!

....just over 24 hours and no e-mail with shipping quote....I am patient and fairly certain they may have a few orders keeping them busy this time of year. ;)

So whats the actual internal height, its not 405mm if its being used for the top and bottom bits, this is probably the most important question and its excluded :p

Back