"Labyrinth" 12 inch Jareth and some other stuff

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olvidadero

Chipmunk Robot on Ice
Reaction score
I've been dying for Labyrinth figures, busts and statues since I started collecting figures some years ago. This year some collectibles from the Jim Henson movie will see the light. I'm kind of disappointed in what they look like. The worst for me is the 12 inch Jareth:

%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CPM13233lg.jpg

Start the bashing. He deserves it. The likeness seems good as far as I can see, however the body (especially from the waist down) is just plain horrible.

There is also a bust coming out. It looks great to me, except for the hair, which makes PF Buffy's hair look awesome:

goblinkingstatuedy6.gif

The best collectibles for me are the Goblins mini-statues. They are incredible:

goblin1em9.jpg

goblin2nz4.jpg

goblin3xq3.jpg

I'm sure Sideshow would've done a much better job with this license and I still dream of the day they get it and release a 12 inch Sarah and Jareth and maybe a PF Ludo.

If they did the gelflings from Dark Crystal, a Labyrinth license doesn't sound too surreal. There are millions of die-hard fans out there.

What do you think?

*Edit: Plan B makes them.

Last edited:
My fiance is a HUGE Labyrinth fan, I may pick up the bust for her, I think she would like that.

im a huge Labyrinth fan,also have been:D
I quite like the 12inch figure it looks pretty good to me.

Them busts look really nice,especially the goblins.

But how come theres no bust of Sarah or Ludo or Hoggle ect?

Don't look for the 1/6th Scale figure soon. That was supposed to be released by Palisades. They went under awhile back. :monkey2

Don't look for the 1/6th Scale figure soon. That was supposed to be released by Palisades. They went under awhile back.

I know, it's sad... but I remain hopeful that it'll be released some day, and maybe those legs can be changed in the meantime :monkey3

But how come theres no bust of Sarah or Ludo or Hoggle ect?

I agree, it's as if Sarah doesn't exist at all. I'd love a Ball Scene Sarah with the baroque dress and the desoriented face. Ludo, Sir Didymus and Hoggle are figure material and very beloved characters, I hope they do them some time. I think I saw a Didymus stuffed animal somewhere, but it was awful.

But what would I kill for? A figure of this:

worm.jpg

Yes a figure of the little worm would be nice.

A Sarah bust in her pink gown would be nice it would have the same base as Jareth.

The other main characters would be nice in bust form,hey if there making Goblins,why not make main characters?

I like the stuff you posted though a lot:D

I'd like a 12 inch Jareth and Sarah both from the ball scene (it always seems they forget about the girl!).

Well when sideshow started doing that World of Froud Line, I could have sworn I saw Goblin prototypes a couple of years ago. What ever happened to those?

rockit13 said:
Well when sideshow started doing that World of Froud Line, I could have sworn I saw Goblin prototypes a couple of years ago. What ever happened to those?

Serious? I need to see those. If someone has the pictures... It'd be great if they went on with the WoF line.

olvidadero said:
Serious? I need to see those. If someone has the pictures... It'd be great if they went on with the WoF line.

Froud.jpg

this is all could find at the moment. but look in the right hand corner.

I think those three don't look like any Goblin seen in the movie. As you pointed out they're probably taken from the drafts compiled in the book on Goblins Froud and Jones did. I'd love to see some of them becoming a figure, however I'd prefer them to be the movie's versions.

Thanks for the pic! Jeez, how would I love to have those precious faeries and pixies... but I'm no rich man.

The Labyrinth stuff would be a nice fit for Sideshow. I love the two Dark Crystal figures that they did release, and I can only imagine how much improved they could be if they did them today. I always hoped that Sideshow would've produced a scale Skeksis, Mystic, and Gartham too. I love pretty much all of the Henson stuff, though, so this would surely make my day!

I seem to recall them saying that they were woking on doing a Mysitc and a Skeksis in scale with the Gelflings. Sadly, it never materialized, which is a shame. I would have been all over those.

I thought I had heard that announcement too, but this line probably didn't have enough momentum to support it, and if I recall, it was right around the time that Sideshow started to distribute their own products in the US, which cut into a lot of retail space for them. I think it certainly paid off, but I know I was sad when I couldn't order through Diamond for SS stuff anymore!

These are a pair of customs that my wife put together, with my help. Sarah is a Cy-Girl 'Electra' that she re-painted, re-rooted and created a custom outfit for(7 tries on that bloody dress!). Jareth has a custom head sculpt, courtesy of yours truly, on a Volks Neo-Go Guy body, costume by Brennil's Threads. She put 2 years into these, and claims they"are the dolls she's wanted since she first saw the movie".
PICT0028_1.jpg

PICT0026_1.jpg

PICT0029_1.jpg

PICT0031_1.jpg

sarah2.jpg

Of course, now she wants me to revise the Bowie sculpt; sometimes you just can't win...PS

Those are great looking customs. I especially like Sarah. Jareth looks a bit like a woman to me, but hey, Bowie was not manly at all at that time... :lol The clothes are extremely stylish and fit them perfectly. The hair job is excellent as well. Congrats!

I have been informed that I am going to refine the Bowie sculpt in the future, though this figure will not benefit from the re-sculpt. Would you believe that his hair is from a Lhasa-apso?...PS

Back