Game of Thrones Daenerys bust review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
We've got a ways to go before season 3 of the great HBO show "The Game of Thrones" debuts, but Dark Horse Comics (with some help from Gentle Giant) has just released their Daenerys bust to tide you over. Sadly, she's not all she could be.

You can find my review at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

It's. ot that bad. The sculpt pretty dednt. But the paint looks a little lifeless and flat. Maybe I'll repaint mine when I get it. She's a platinum blonde and this dirty blonde paint job doesn't do it justice.

Paint is definitely lacking especially when you consider the price point of this versus a good 1/6 HT figure for $50 or $60 more. Not to mention it just looks like a very bland and boring design.

Judging by all the pics I've seen, including these, the sculpt actually looks pretty good to my eye, likenesss wise. (Though, I totally agree that it should be a lot more expressive.)

But that paint really kills it for me. :( I really think a better paint job could make this piece shine.

But ... to have somebody repaint it for you (and do a decent job of it), you'll likely end up paying more than double the original price. LOVE this show like I do, I just can't take the plunge. Bummer.

Not sure why there's a comparison of paintwork on a white polystone bust to a flesh tone plastic head, two different surfaces = two different effects. That paintwork on the bust looks comparable to what Sideshow is doing with PFs.

I just got her in today and I'm happier with it than I thought I'd be. Pictures had me worried, but seeing her in person she looks much better, is she perfect? not at all, but not terrible either, her expression is a little lifeless and the dirty blonde hair as some of you have mentioned as well bothers me.... Ah if only I could repaint her but I'm not skilled there at all, : )

We've got a ways to go before season 3 of the great HBO show "The Game of Thrones" debuts, but Dark Horse Comics (with some help from Gentle Giant) has just released their Daenerys bust to tide you over. Sadly, she's not all she could be.

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

Hi buddy,

Your website is blocked for me as a high-risk malware site by Sophos.

I had this happen to my own website, and I assume you're running wordpress.

I had to do a bit of manual work to completely clean out my installation, including the removal of old theme files, a completely new database created with cleaned database content to be re-ingested.
Once I had finally got the pesky malware out, I then installed "Wordfence" which is a free wordpress plugin that monitors your site and lets you know of threats and attacks.

Once all that was in order, I had to contact Sophos support to have them unblock my website.
Right now, anyone who is trying to view your site from a machine that has Sophos installed (like my work does) will not be able to access your site.

Good luck and let me know if I can provide any assistance.

Cheers,
Dan

No problems from Google, and their webmaster tools are very good about finding malware, as you'd imagine. Sophos is obviously mis-marking it - who did you contact about your issue?

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

I just spent 5 minutes trying to find your review and failed. Direct links are always appreciated.

No problems from Google, and their webmaster tools are very good about finding malware, as you'd imagine. Sophos is obviously mis-marking it - who did you contact about your issue?

Google also didn't detect any issues on my site. But I found them in the database. iFrame references, redirect codes etc...
Frankly, it was a bloody dog to get them all out.

I contacted the email for my region from this page:
https://www.sophos.com/en-us/support/contact-support/contact-information.aspx

They'll happily scan your site for you and let you know why it's been flagged.
I'd suspect some form of hidden redirect has been injected into an old table in the database or similar.. backdooring in through an old theme file or plugin.
(that's what it was for me, insecure old plugin and template files that I didn't use but hadn't cleaned from the server).

Also, recommend "wordfence" plugin for ongoing monitoring free.

Exactly how it comes up for me (with the detail of the malware):
rk0aY.png

Back