Kotobukiya 1/10 scale art fx statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which do you prefer Clone Trooper or Storm Trooper

• Total voters

xforce

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ok went to NY comic con this weekend and went to the Kotobukiya booth and saw the star wars Kotobukiya 1/10 scale art fx statues. Wow I was impressed at how nice they were so decided I needed to recreate this scene.

View attachment 52780

The only issue was the storm troopers were SOLD out and going for way to much money. So I substituted the 501 clone troopers for standard troopers. I just ordered all the figures and they all cost me a total of less than $200.00. I love my hot toys but 8 figures less than $200.00 delivered wow.

Dont know where Koto got the base if anyone knows could they tell me thats all I need now.

Not sure if anyone has any would love to hear your opinions.

I got the 1/10th C6 exclusive this year. It was super cheap and it is just awesome. I'll definitely be picking up a few more astromech droids.

I got the 1/10th C6 exclusive this year. It was super cheap and it is just awesome. I'll definitely be picking up a few more astromech droids.

whats the C6 exclusive? I just read the 501 clone troopers were limited edition release also

Kotobukiya 1/10 scale art fx Clone Trooper vs Storm Trooper

So which is your favorite
Storm
Clone

my guess is storm wins by 2 to 1 margin

View attachment 52861
View attachment 52862

Background:
OK so I decided to invest in Kotobukiya 1/10 scale art fx pieces. Saw them at NYCC and was IMPRESSED. They look awesome and the price is right So I purchase Vader, bobafett, looking to grab R2D2 C3po and Darth Maul. I would like to do a vader Boba Fett and troopers display. So of course I want the Imperial Storm troopers(my favorite) to my surprise the pre orders are sold out EVEVRYWHERE and they are going for three time retail ALREADY.

SO I make the decision clone troopers it is. Then I find out the cool part. The clone troopers come in various models.
I grab the 501 legion (blue Markings) Vaders fist (limited to 2000) got 35% less than reatail
Looking at the Clone trooper Shock troops (red) (limited to 1000). (30% less than retail)
They have the clone trooper commanders (dark blue) (limited to (1000)
standard white clone troopers.
At least I am going to have a clone trooper army

The new Kotobukiya Stormtroopers which are 1:10 thus a bit smaller compared to the old line of 1:6 or 1:7. But the duo of Stormtropers are simply fantastic. In fact I think they are now among my favorite Stormtrooper figures or statues in my collection. They are smaller than many others (of course bigger than regular Hasbro figures), but very detailed and quite accurate. In fact they seem to be a combination of ESB and ROTJ Stormtrooper, and the blaster is a ROTJ one and very accurate with all the greeblies on it. Really cool in this scale. And you have lots of poses and extra legs and hands to choose from. I went for this static one but could have chosen more.

kotobukiya10scalestormt.jpg

stormtroopersgalore02.jpg

The new Kotobukiya Stormtroopers which are 1:10 thus a bit smaller compared to the old line of 1:6 or 1:7. But the duo of Stormtropers are simply fantastic. In fact I think they are now among my favorite Stormtrooper figures or statues in my collection. They are smaller than many others (of course bigger than regular Hasbro figures), but very detailed and quite accurate. In fact they seem to be a combination of ESB and ROTJ Stormtrooper, and the blaster is a ROTJ one and very accurate with all the greeblies on it. Really cool in this scale. And you have lots of poses and extra legs and hands to choose from. I went for this static one but could have chosen more.

stormtroopersgalore02.jpg

Nice collection of storm troopers. I am with you storm are the best but I am so in love with koto 1/10 troopers I have been buying up the clone troopers, love the details, and magnets in boots and ability to change poses. My favorite star wars line to date

Nice collection of storm troopers. I am with you storm are the best but I am so in love with koto 1/10 troopers I have been buying up the clone troopers, love the details, and magnets in boots and ability to change poses. My favorite star wars line to date

Thanks xforce. I was really impressed by this small Kotobukiya line with all its versatility and cool details.

nice!
Love that collection. :clap

Thank you Centurion.

Need your advice I bought (2) separate two packs of the 501st legion clone troopers for display with Vader figured I would get maybe another one or two so he would have his own little contingent. My question stick with 501st clones, or mix it up and get some red shock clones or some standard white? What do you think would display better

View attachment 52869

Personally I only collect OT Imperials and troopers. But since you collect Clones, I would way go for the other colors as well, and have them displayed together or separately, since they look really cool

Personally I only collect OT Imperials and troopers. But since you collect Clones, I would way go for the other colors as well, and have them displayed together or separately, since they look really cool

Personally I prefer Imperials and troopers but I am in love with the Koto 1/10 art fx line of theirs and the storm troopers are sold out. They are going for like $120.00 a 2 pack now vs 50-60 for the clone so I decided to bite the bullet and go clone.

Like your advice think I am going to get the red shock trooper clones.

Has anyone found a good price on the koto 1/10th artfx black hole storm troopers?

View attachment 52870

Early in polling but my guess was 2 to 1 in favor of storm troopers looks like we are almost 4 to 1 but as I stated very early in the polling.

I'm looking forward to the Return of Anakin Skywalker/ Vader Koto coming in the next few months. Can't wait!

Storm Troopers just come across as useless fodder in the 3 movies they feature. Im 42 and a fan of the original movis but, the Clones in the prequels and Clone Wars animated just seem harder and more capable. Obviously down to the expansion of their characters but this has shifted me as a fan of Storm troopers to the Clones. Even there physical apperance is better. Just the helmets of the Clones (phase 1 & 2) look leaner and meaner.

Storm Troopers just come across as useless fodder in the 3 movies they feature. Im 42 and a fan of the original movis but, the Clones in the prequels and Clone Wars animated just seem harder and more capable. Obviously down to the expansion of their characters but this has shifted me as a fan of Storm troopers to the Clones. Even there physical apperance is better. Just the helmets of the Clones (phase 1 & 2) look leaner and meaner.

I am 44 and stormtrooper fan but I have also got the respect for the clone troopers also I mean they won a war and took out 99% of the jedi knights. Which is why I am purchasing them..:wink1:

I'm a bit younger, but only by a few years, and I prefer a bad shooting wonky helmet Stormtrooper to any idealized clone any day. Stormtroopers = iconic, clonetroopers = CGI.

I'm a bit younger, but only by a few years, and I prefer a bad shooting wonky helmet Stormtrooper to any idealized clone any day. Stormtroopers = iconic, clonetroopers = CGI.

Totally with you on that one, although I do like and have some 501st and Shockies.

BTW - If you want Koto Shockies, better grab them now as they are exclusives and only 1000 sets made.

Stormtroopers = real
Clone troopers = CGI - NOT real

The Clones are cool, but I prefer Stromtroopers any day. The poll seems like that too.

But it's all good. White troops are awesome!

Back