Statue Gentle Giant Gandalf The Grey Mini-Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Josh

Ringer @ Heart
Reaction score
Gentle Giant late last night out this up for PO. He's $70 or $63 if you're a PGM and he won't be shipping until Q2 of next year.

04131483-370E-4FB8-8A7C-DFF2E1A538C5-15929-000009E9D6FFC5FE.jpg

Gentle Giant late last night out this up for PO. He's $70 or $63 if you're a PGM and he won't be shipping until Q2 of next year.

04131483-370E-4FB8-8A7C-DFF2E1A538C5-15929-000009E9D6FFC5FE.jpg

Looks like Kris Kringle playing Gandalf for halloween...price is ok for 1/6 scale L/E bust...I still like the Thorin bust exc

Like all things GG, I have to wait for in-hand pics. Won't get fooled again with the bait-and-switch... looking at you, Slave Leia.

I ordered it as soon as I saw the email this morning. I'm going to he several of the busts from this range and am anticipating a really fun line of Collectibles.

I've always liked GG and I've always liked the GG Gandalf with the light in his staff but this bust isnt doing it for me. The pose is great and it could have had such potential but it looks a bit like a cartoon character. The colours are off, very little likeness to Sir Ian and it just looks cheap.

Granted in hand pics might be different but unless there's a drastic difference I won't be going anywhere near this.

Here's GGs promo video for the bust:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=A_fDo5qKlGk

That youtube video shows the LOTR logo on the top right, yet this bust has him holding his staff from The Hobbit.

I'm unsure, like with the Thorin bust, if GG obtained actual scans of the actors' faces from the upcoming movie. With that said, these new GG busts evoke less facial detail compared to the ones produced for LOTR. And they also appear a bit more porcelain-looking -- similar to what I see produced by Hallmark or Enesco.

I'll be saving money by choosing not to pursue this GG bust series. Here's to hoping Weta opens up a 1/4 scale version reminiscent of the ones from LOTR.

We have seen photos of this 'in-person' at SDCC and didn't he have a very bendy sword?
I'm not impressed with any of these busts so far which is a shame because their Harry Potter line was faultless - great likenesses and range of characters, even if we did get Cho and a Mer-person and no Weasley parents!

I actually hope Weta don't do any busts. Because i won't be able to afford them as well as statues and environments! :lol

Not impressed with this one. Likeness is only so so (espcially compared with Weta's latest offering) and it looks too cartoony. Their LotR GtG looked a lot better and had the light up staff which was pretty cool.

But at least GG got the name right this time! :lol

Not impressed with this one. Likeness is only so so (espcially compared with Weta's latest offering)and it looks too cartoony. Their LotR GtG looked a lot better and had the light up staff which was pretty cool.

But at least GG got the name right this time! :lol

:exactly:

Yep, must agree with you there Olórin. :wave

I'm not a lover of this one at all. :(

:duff
Bill

Thank god this turned out underwhelming. :monkey1
With the huge amount of great Hobbit stuff coming from Weta and the still strong LoTR maquette line from Sideshow, I am definetly not in the need for another must-have collectibles line!

Agreed. With GG it's been a hit or miss. If they come out with a good sculpt, I may entertain only picking up that one or two. It's agood thing I can afford to be picky with them and not be a completist of their line.

I hate to sound cruel, but the one advantage to their being hit-or-miss is that it means most items stay available longer. I think since the Slave Leia debacle most people are waiting for in-hand pics and GG doesn't have that solid rep like SSC has.

I know this is a SSC forum and it might sound fanboy-ish, but I can almost blind-purchase SSC figures these days.

Agreed.

Not one I will be picking up, even for next to nothing on ebay. :lol

GG needs to up their game on this collection. :(

:duff
Bill

If this comes out as nice as it looked at comic-con this will be a nice addition to this line.

Not impressive enough to get me to buy yet another Gandy. Their LOTR Gandy will have to serve double purpose in display for the Hobbit. Will likely get all 13 dwarves in bust form though (and saving myself a few dineros by not getting them all in stachoo form from Weta).

If this comes out as nice as it looked at comic-con this will be a nice addition to this line.

I'll admit the SDCC photos of this were very nice compared to the latest shot...I still love my Thorin GG bust

Back