Amanda Todd

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dino76m

Super Freak
Reaction score
what exactly was the problem , a lot of contradictory views, some say she deserved it , some pity her..
I , for one hated those memes created after her suicide attempt. she might not be a angel or for that matter, none of us are,,
I for one cant stand bullying specially someone who cant defend him/herself.
https://mashable.com/2012/10/13/amanda-todd-bullying/

This really saddened me when I watched the video after I read that she died. Esp the end when she was asking for help. I almost feel like I could of helped her If I saw that video sooner. I would of tried to at least :/ RIP

People are bullied everyday and make the decision to rise above it. I don't feel sorry for those that take their lives because of it. Bullying sucks but suicide is never the answer.

People are bullied everyday and make the decision to rise above it. I don't feel sorry for those that take their lives because of it. Bullying sucks but suicide is never the answer.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

What's up with all the lame ass index card videos too!?

Suicide is not the answer, but what she faced was no joke... for someone to be judged, doggedly like that... guess she didnt have real friends who should have stood beside her and supported her... RIP

Apparently, she was targeted by an online pedophile and he convinced her to send photos and then he used those photos to blackmail and torment her, sending it to everyone at her school, students and teachers included. So this wasn't just a simple case of schoolyard bullying. There's an extreme amount of coverage over this here in Vancouver and sadly, this is the thing that has to happen before people start to take notice. To think that suicide is the only means of escape is a horrible feeling. Authority figures need to wake up and take notice of these things before more kids start killing themselves or coming to school with guns and killing others.

What a shame. Are there any anti-bullying laws in Canada? I believe there were some passed in the States after something similar happened and a young girl hanged herself.

I agree that suicide is never the answer, but I'm not sure all 15 year olds are mature enough to handle abuse like that. I definitely feel sorry for her for what she went through.

Another reason why no one under the age of 18 should be on Facebook.

She made the choice to show her tits, she made the choice to kill herself. The bullies are dicks, nothing more.

You may feel differently if you had a teenage daughter going through all of this. I'm betting the bullies would be more than just mere "dicks" to you.

You may feel differently if you had a teenage daughter going through all of this. I'm betting the bullies would be more than just mere "dicks" to you.

This. It's easy to stand on the sidelines and after the fact to blame a 15 year old. This is a tradegy no matter how you look at it. I couldn't imagine the feeling of being alone the way she did. It's a tough enough time in our lives at that age but to have to deal with that on top of it??? I do not agree with suicide but what she must've been going through is unimagineable. As well, the fact that those same bullies are joking and celebrating her death after the fact? We are in a sad age where people can hide behind a computer and show pure evil. Life was better before the social media boom...that is for sure.

the worrying part is the amount of disgusting memes made by those bullies, taking bullying to an all time low,
i worry for the kids going to school in future, maybe the only way to handle the bullies is be one of them or maybe carry a gun to school.How much can one go through before breaking down , for me the gun carying kid shooting his classmates and the kid commiting suicide, both are victims, just they chose different path,

I really wouldn't. This wasn't a mentally challenged little kid, this girl made stupid decisions and couldn't live with it and in the end she ended up being her biggest bully. I've seen far worse bullying over far worse situations with people still alive as the end result. I lost a best friend to suicide because he thought his life was a bully and you know what I feel about him. He was a selfish *****.

I'm with Batty on this. It is easy to sit here as a reasonably mature adult where all the stuff of high school is behind you, and to say how this person should have been stronger, etc. But kids that age really aren't always developmentally able to act in reasonable ways, and technology now allows kids to be shamed and bullied in ways that were never possible back when we were in school. Bullying laws in our state are frighteningly vague, and there is a huge potential for abuse of the law, but I think some laws do need to be in place to keep this kind of thing from happening. Online predators should be tortured and then killed IMO.

Saying just suck it up and move on is careless and classless period. Yes, some people deal with it and go on using it to fuel their success in life. However, there are so many kids and young adults who for whatever reason it beats them down to the point they do this.

What she did was stupid and she should have known people would do/say nasty things to her. Suicide is not the answer but obviously some people sadly get to the point where that seems like the only way. I can't understand that myself but I can't imagine just saying you don't feel bad for them as I said is pretty classless.

His attitude will change once his child is born. Its easy to say suck it up when you're on the sidelines.

His attitude will change once his child is born. Its easy to say suck it up when you're on the sidelines.

Everyone's attitude changes that first time their little girl comes home and says "Jane said I was ____" or "called me a". I've been through it and want to rip people's heads off when it happens. You try and teach them to be the bigger person and that bad words are used by bad people but you try and teach them to also stand up for themselves. Point is...your helpless and hope things will be ok.

the sad part, is now its no longer limited to the school, if some one wants to make u feel low, he or she can put u down in front of the whole world, and once it catches on, theres no way to escape it,u cant hide anywhere and there wont be any new beginnings

Everyone's attitude changes that first time their little girl comes home and says "Jane said I was ____" or "called me a". I've been through it and want to rip people's heads off when it happens. You try and teach them to be the bigger person and that bad words are used by bad people but you try and teach them to also stand up for themselves. Point is...your helpless and hope things will be ok.

Very true. You can tell kids all day long they're just words and that someone is saying them to be a jerk for no good reason. However, some kids if its done enough, said enough, etc beat them down for whatever reason. Overtime some kids simply can't get over it which is sad for so many reasons and then take their own lives. IMO instead of taking the approach of they should just be tougher we need to have things in place better to fix the issue. Now, I'm not naive enough to think this is going to go away because its always been there but doing nothing just seems so much worse to me.

Thank you for speaking on my behalf. Now for the reality. It won't change. I'll raise my child with same attitude my mom raised me to have. Bullies are the ones who are weak. My mom was bullied her entire childhood for having to live in a medieval full body scoliosis brace, she was abused by an alcoholic father and had to work to support her family from the time she was 14 years old until she left home at 18. Millions go through worse every single day and make the decision to live with it so I absolutely do not feel bad for someone who can't. Could she have used more help? Obviously. Is it wrong what the bullies did? Absolutely. Are they to blame? No. If she has the capacity to make a decision as large as not wanting to live, she has the capacity to make the decision to go on living as well. It's a ****ty situation but I'll never pity suicide from the mentally competent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back