Dragon "dolls"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vader AL

RTR
Reaction score
Has anyone purchased a "doll" made by Dragon? I was comparing the pics of the SS General Lee and the Dragon General Lee and trying to decide which to purchase....?

I have many of the Dragon dolls both male and female and I think that the bodies and the clothes tailoring is superb. I bought the Sideshow General Lee and just afterwards Dragon came out with their version. I have since purchased parts from the Dragon doll and I have been most impressed with the care and detail that went into him. I wish that I would have gotten the Dragon Lee instead "although" both are very good products with the Sideshow being considerably less sturdy. That's just my two carrots worth.

Anyone with a different opinion please sound off.

Rabbit

Last edited:
judging by just pics i actually like the dragon version a little bit better. it just seems like an actual man's frame with the SS one looking a little too compact with the shoulders being a little too narrow but they both look great though.

i have over 200 Dragon "Dolls" and about 30 sideshow "Dolls" , both have positives and negatives , between the 2 , you can make a damn nice "Doll".:lol

I have both figures, However, I will say the Side Show figure is far and away more accurate in detail of the uniform as well as the likeness of gen. Lee.
I am a Civil War re-enactor and have a large Civil war collection, as well as having ancestors who faught and died in the War.
I added a few items from other sideshow figures to make Lee look a little more realistic.

Brent

sounds like there is no wrong choice between these two figs.

anyone know where to get a 29th Alabama Sideshow fig?

Gents,

I find that, generally, Dragon (DML) figures tend to be slightly smaller in stature than SST. However the uniforms are highly interchangable. I have 'bashed' Great War figures using DML and SST kit and other companies.
As SST seem to have lost interest, in their wonderful 'Bayonets...' series I am forced to look elsewhere for uniform and equipment - some times my DIY skills (or lack of) are required.

ACW fans can get suitable kit, there is an etailer, in the US, selling high quality uni. and other gear. If SST were to issue 'carded uniform and parts' we would not need to look elsewhere.
pm me for a link.

Old Bill

I have found that the SS figure Gen Lee is superior and that the Dragon uniform Gen Lee is superior. Even kit bashed and dyed uniform fo SS Grant. I'm still waiting for a superior US Grant likeness.

Sidecollector,

So which of the two, SS or Dragon Gen. Lee's would you recommend as the both appear to be superior ?
I hope one of the companies puts out a Grant for you soon. However, they appear to be more interested in Germans and TV/Movie tie in's to devote time to 'heritage' or military figures.

Old Bill

OKay one more time. The SS FIGURE is superior. The Dragon UNIFORM is superior. Go for the SS figure and kitbash the unifom.:lol

Vader AL said:
Has anyone purchased a "doll" made by Dragon? I was comparing the pics of the SS General Lee and the Dragon General Lee and trying to decide which to purchase....?

I've got many Dragon dolls and they have many types of bodies. My Kerboros Panzer Cop from Dragon is my favorite peice from them. I cannot say a bad thing about Dragon at all.

Since Dragon is great at WWII dolls and accesories I was able to take the Sideshow Nazi Kroenen and totally overahaul it. I'm glad I did because he looks awesome.

Back