PF ROTS Anakin/Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khev

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
This is the *exact* pose and base I hope they choose for the PF:

009.jpg

I would love the pose, but I would want a more neutral base. About the only way I could rationalize buying a PF Anakin (I am not a completist.. only buy the few that catch my eye), is if Sideshow includes a second non-Sith Anakin head to go along with it (similar to the PF exc. Spike). Maybe use a brick ground or dirt base so it could be Mustafar for Sith Anakin and any other Clone Wars planet for the Jedi Anakin head. But the pose is perfect for either.

I like the pose, but I agree with Douglas, the base wouldn't work well for a non-sith Anakin. And I really think that the best way for sideshow to do Anakin is to have alternate heads as the exclusive, one with sith eyes the other without. Hopefully when (if) they do this they'll be able to hide the seam between the head and the neck. Maybe alternate heads and alternate bases as the exclusive? I doubt that will happen, it'd be too expensive, but it would be one possible solution. Maybe you could buy a different base seperately, didn't they do that with Jaws?

Agent0028 said:
I like the pose, but I agree with Douglas, the base wouldn't work well for a non-sith Anakin.
If you want non-Sith Anakin then you should just wait for the AOTC version. :D

The Premium Format isn't about versatility, its about perfectly capturing some of the most defining, iconic, or just visually interesting moments of these characters.

The entire prequel trilogy is a build up to the Mustafar duel. I can't think of a better moment from that duel to represent. They could try to emulate the "sabers crossed" setup utilized for ANH Vader/Kenobi but some people like the option of posing them by themselves or not in profile.

I want the sith-eyes Anakin personally. I'm going to have Maul Dooku and SE Ani all on the same shelf, I doubt there will be room but if there is maybe put ANH Vader there too. Or possibly a pre-deformed sidious (Another place changing heads might be useful) or something. I was just thinking for those who prefer him without. I'm sure there are people who have that preference and may not want an AOTC Anakin, or maybe they want both, or all three.

I agree about the duel on Mustafat being the climax of the PT and I think if sideshow only does one version it'll be that way, but having the alternate head keeps te option open for them to have it both ways.

Khev said:
If you want non-Sith Anakin then you should just wait for the AOTC version. :D

The Premium Format isn't about versatility, its about perfectly capturing some of the most defining, iconic, or just visually interesting moments of these characters.

The entire prequel trilogy is a build up to the Mustafar duel. I can't think of a better moment from that duel to represent. They could try to emulate the "sabers crossed" setup utilized for ANH Vader/Kenobi but some people like the option of posing them by themselves or not in profile.

I have to disagree with you. Sideshow needs to make these exclusives something so amazing, people have to buy them... so Sideshow gets most of the profit. Not everyone is a exclusive completist. Heck, with the price of these, I have learned to be extremely picky. So far, only the Leia and Dagobah Luke have had essential exclusives (I guess you could claim the Han was essential... however, since it cost more, and has a different base/outfit, I consider it a new statue). People keep skipping the Sideshow exclusives and buying them for 50 to 100 dollars cheaper on the 3rd party market. I can't believe Sideshow is happy about that.

I also do not think its wrong to ask Sideshow for an alternative head as an exclusive. Why couldn't they use a rocky/ground base so that either head would be appropriate? It isn't versatility I am looking for. Its "bang for the buck." Being able to switch heads from Anakin to Sith Ani every few months would be amazing. Since his costume and saber are identical, I do not see the problem. They seem to have found a way to hide the seam rather well with the Spike heads. There is no reason to believe they can't do the same thing with Anakin.

P.S. Also, if they are going for a Mustafar duel scene, akin to the Vader Obi duel from ANH, that pose is all wrong. He would need his saber in a striking pose that would work locked in combat as well as by himself.

DouglasMcc said:
Why couldn't they use a rocky/ground base so that either head would be appropriate?
Singed clothes.

DouglasMcc said:
P.S. Also, if they are going for a Mustafar duel scene, akin to the Vader Obi duel from ANH, that pose is all wrong.
I think you misunderstood, I don't *want* an exact copy of the ANH scene. I want Anakin approaching Obi-Wan after escaping the lava waterfall and then circling while his master says, "I have failed you Anakin, I have failed you..."

I just said SS could mimic the ANH duel if they wanted to but I hope they don't.

Khev said:
Singed clothes.

I think you misunderstood, I don't *want* an exact copy of the ANH scene. I want Anakin approaching Obi-Wan after escaping the lava waterfall and then circling while his master says, "I have failed you Anakin, I have failed you..."

I just said SS could mimic the ANH duel if they wanted to but I hope they don't.

" I should've known the Jedi were plotting to take over."

Well, they've never put out an Anakin PF..... So it's not a repeat at all.

I'd love to see Anakin and Obi-Wan together from Mustafar, As it was THE scene in the PT that I will never get tired of watching. The one I waited all of those years to see. Best friends duking it out in a life or death battle, the entire galaxy hanging in the balance. My favorite duel EVER.

If they are seperate and not attacking, that's ok by me.... but I would like to see them in a fighting pose.... :D

Still, I love that shot... Anakin looks truly out of his mind with hate and like he could care less what Obi-Wan had to say.

:devil"This is the end for you, my Master...." :devil

Would not mind this pose, but I agree with those who want a none sith Anakin. Anakin is a unique character, people like him for different reasons. Som people like the fact he turned into a sith lord and they want everything Anakin to be represenative of that. Others do not. I am not going to go on and on about why I like the Jedi Anakin better but I do and I would rather have a jedi Anakin PF. However, either Sith or Jedi would be fine with me and would be the center piece of my collection.

Back