Cliffy B Leaves Epic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadMoon

Demi G0D Overseer
Reaction score
I didn't see him moving on. He was the King down there. I wonder if this will be a good or bad thing?

"I’ve been doing this since I was a teenager, and outside of my sabbatical last year, I have been going non-stop. I literally grew up in this business," Bleszinski said. "And now that I’m grown up, it’s time for a much needed break. I will miss the projects, the playtests, the debates, and most importantly, the people."

Epic Games stated, "During the past two decades, Cliff has helped shape many successful games that have captured the imaginations of millions of players around the world. We are grateful for his influence on Epic’s legacy, from the wild adventures Jazz Jackrabbit to the visceral combat of Gears of War."

Bleszinski joins the growing list of Epic departures. Earlier this year, Epic Games' subsidiary People Can Fly saw creative top-bosses depart the company as well. Following that, Epic's director of production Rod Fergusson left Epic to work on BioShock Infinite.

Just read this and had flashback of Unreal Tournament and Age of Wonders....

End of an Era really.

Too bad. I wonder if Gears will be on a yearly cycle now that he's gone.

Gears of War, like Halo, is over. And there will never be a sequel. No matter how fast you can slap a number on a box. Those games are over, and done.

Makes me wonder if Epic is, or is in the process of being bought. Possible power move by Microsoft for the new generation?? Hopefully he'll be back in a few years with a new game, and not some mobile device game either.

Does MS currently own EPIC? Thought they were their own developer with close ties to MS.......

If EA tries to buy them, I'll personally turn into a ninja assassin. That company ruined Bioware

I think microsoft is in trouble out of all the systems they have the least exclusives . I think I might skip the next xbox. Im just getting wii u and playstation 4 ithink both of those systems have way more exclusives .

Well, being that Epic was making exclusive games for the Xbox, I think Microsoft has something to do with this. Cliffy probably didn't like the direction the company was headed in. Too bad, really. Not for them but for us gamers. :(

Anyway thanks Cliffy for Unreal Tournament and GOW! These games rock. :rock

I think microsoft is in trouble out of all the systems they have the least exclusives . I think I might skip the next xbox. Im just getting wii u and playstation 4 ithink both of those systems have way more exclusives .

See I am leaning the other way. My PS3 works great, so do I want the PS4 for the only interesting Sony developer, Naughty Dog?

360 games always look and play better than PS3 ones - I am 'assuming' it'll be more of the same for the next gen, but open to see

I feel epic will be better for this and would have been much better had this happened years ago. He is large reason for every major departure. He became a huge ego maniac after GOW and every future release suffered greatly because of that. There is a reason he was one of the most dispised people in the industry by his peers. He is a talented man who has given nothing to anyone in many years.

He will be back with Epic or at another startup. He won't enjoy life outside the limelight (well the limited limelight a gamer gets).

^
Justification for your statement? Just curious based on your strong words. Especially "...one of the most despised people in the industry by his peers".

I feel epic will be better for this and would have been much better had this happened years ago. He is large reason for every major departure. He became a huge ego maniac after GOW and every future release suffered greatly because of that. There is a reason he was one of the most dispised people in the industry by his peers. He is a talented man who has given nothing to anyone in many years.

I can speak only for myself... I feel the series improved as it progressed. Playing a lot of GOW3 [again] and going back to the previous two installments is painful.

^
Justification for your statement? Just curious based on your strong words. Especially "...one of the most despised people in the industry by his peers".

I have a number of friends who work in the industry so inhave some insite. Most belive the other big names left Epic to get away from him when good opportunities came up. He is respected for his talent but as a person he is despised by most everyone I have met.

Back