Vanderstelt Studio Middle-earth News

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Josh

Ringer @ Heart
Reaction score
Collecting The Precious - Vanderstelt Studios The Hobbit News
“Hello fellow Middle Earth fans, Jerry VanderStelt here. As some of you know, I am a Licensed artist with New Line Cinema and Warner Brothers studios in the creation of the Lord of the Rings art reproductions. Now, I have expanded my fine art program to include The Hobbit!

My first Hobbit art piece is a montage that encapsulates key moments, characters and locations seen in the first film. After that, I plan to continue exploring new pieces that focus on either beautiful landscape scenery, character-centric pieces, or specific characters or groups of characters in various environments.

I hope to have my first Hobbit piece out of the gate by the Dec.14 in time for the film’s release. Soon, I’ll be announcing the pricing and sizing as well as the different edition options I plan to offer here in this thread. Feel free to ask any questions that may come up as we go along!”

Last edited:
Re: Vanderstelt Studios The Hobbit News

That's right my friends, I am going to be offering the Hobbit An Unexpected Journey Fine Art to the program! Currently, I am working on the first piece now and I hope to post news on size and price options as soon as I know anything. What I do know is after my current Hobbit piece, I plan to release a "Dwarven" piece I have in the works then get to work on a long-awaited project called "Durin's Bane" involving the Balrog.
Please ask if any questions come up here in this thread, or direct email at: [email protected]

Thanks much,

JV

Hi Carb.
The ROTJ C6 prints sold out at the event, but you may be able to find one over on the secondary market. Most of my Hobbit Giclee prints will not be limited to only 250 pieces like those Star Wars exclusives, so no worries there!

JV

you think we will see Balrog finished by the end of the year Jerry?

Likely, I'll be arranging the layouts in a verticle manner vs. the horizontal way I did with the LOTR lithographs. The sizes will be similar with some options to get even larger ones. The major difference this time will be in the actual substrate the art is printed on. I will be upgrading to Giclee prints vs. lithographs, which have even better reproduction quality.
With all the work going into these pieces, I want every shade of color to be as spot on as possible to the Originals.

Someone asked about the Balrog? He is laid out waiting for paint, as soon as I can get to him : )

JV

Likely, I'll be arranging the layouts in a verticle manner vs. the horizontal way I did with the LOTR lithographs.

Personally I'd rather them be horizontal and the same size as LOTR. I have very little wall space, so I currently have all 3 LOTR ones in the one frame and just cycle them around every now and then. It's almost like getting a new print every few months :lol

Jerry,

are you going to be at Star Wars Celebration Europe II in Germany next year?

I would love to buy a Celebration print from you then.

Will also be able to buy a Lord of the Rings Fellowship of the Rings Lithograph from you there too?

Hi Thrawn.
I really dont know yet if I'll be attending C2 or not, but my LOTR art is available online right now! : )

JV

Can't wait to see Jerry's upcoming Hobbit Art. I bet we see some great stuff over the next 3 years.

Thank you much!
I am hard at work trying to get the Hobbit AUJ piece done, and it's looking good, although it's in the early stages right now. The format is a verticle one, and I really like the look so far. As soon as I can offer sneek peeks, I will do so! Stay tuned!

JV

Sweet! I have no doubts this will be a truly amazing piece. :rock

Wow just read this news. I'll very much forward to seeing the first hobbit artwork. I hope all three films will be translated into artwork?
Any chance you can add old Bilbo & Galadriel to one of the prints. I missed them in the LOTR the movie prints?

Hi there.
I can tell you that Galadriel WILL be in my Hobbit art for film one :) I will be doing art pieces for each film and as time allows playing with scenery and themes tied to all three, so I will be busy in Middle Earth for quite a while!

JV

Can't wait. Will these be available in both prints and canvas? I hope.

Can't wait to see it :rock Gonna be freaking awesome I'm sure. :rock

They will be available in both paper and canvas versions, and each version will have two size editions for those that may want to get the very large size of either. I dont have all that info worked out yet, but all versions will be offered as Giclees, which will carry the best color reproduction possible.
I will also be offering my Balrog piece entitled, "Durin's Bane" coming on the heels of the Hobbit art.
I hope to show some sneek peeks of where the Hobbit art is in a week or so, once I get a few shots and approvals to do so from Warner Bros.
Thanks guys : )

JV

Woah, this is going to be huge!
Can't wait to see what you've got for The Hobbit.

Back