eFX PRECISION CAST REPLICA STORMTROOPER COMMANDER HELMET - Review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mandible

Super Freak
Reaction score
OVERVIEW:
eFX have just launched the latest in their PCR line; the Stormtrooper Commander, as featured in the LucasArts game Star Wars: The Force Unleahsed.
Being the fifth in the line of PCR Stormtrooper helmets, it will come as no surprise that the base helmet is exactly the same as the previous EPIV, EPV, Sandtrooper and Shadowtrooper helmets, except with new paint apps and new lenses.
As expected, the quality is also on par with the earlier editions – which is excellent. I’ve said it before, but for me, this line represents the pinnacle in Star Wars helmet collecting in terms of value for money; nothing on the market comes close.
PACKAGING:
As usual, the 30th Anniversary black and gray packaging is continuing, and still looks contemporary and classy. More importantly, the internal packaging has also continued through from the previous four releases, which clearly indicates eFX have a winning postage-friendly design.
SCULPTING:
Again, this is the “idealized” version of the Stormtrooper helmet that IS symmetrical and not intended to be 100% screen accurate. As it is based on video game character it actually makes sense for it to be “perfect” as an asymmetrical version wouldn’t translate that well to polygons ☺ Further to this, they have made one very obvious and significant change on this helmet… the lenses are now dark gray and, for me, looks absolutely superb! Yes, the screen accurate versions are dark green, however, every picture/photo/artwork/toy that has ever been created features the dark lenses and only the hardcore purist will begrudge eFX for this decision; and BTW… it makes it looks really bad-ass! Anyone who is happy to buy one of these helmets will fully understand it is not meant to be a “Legend” version and for the sheer fun-factor and presence this helmet commands, the dark lenses work an absolute treat!
Once again the ABS plastic has been used and the helmet feels very solid and durable. The foam inserts are also the same as previous versions, but if you are buying this helmet to wear you’ll definitely appreciate it being included. The rubber piping is also the same as before and has a really good feel.
PAINTING:
This is where this helmet really comes to life and truly shines. The paint apps are phenomenal! I cannot speak highly enough of the job eFX have done here. Hopefully the photos below will do it justice and give a good representation of how jaw-dropping the “worn” effect really is. The dirt looks real, with parts looking like dirty rain has dried on the surface. The blue Commander stripe looks legitimately scratched and the gray around the mouth gives it a very sinister feel.
CONCLUSION:
I have to be honest here and say I wasn’t originally going to purchase this helmet because I’m not a huge helmet collector. However, after seeing the photos on the eBay site I was blown away and couldn’t resist; and besides, I loved the game – even though these guys were hard to kill ☺
This makes a STRIKING addition to the collection and again represents unbelievably good value for money. We’ve had many other companies over the last 35 years try to do “cheap” helmets that have failed dismally and being nothing more that expensive toys for kids.
With this series eFX have made something that is accessible to everyone and has the quality and design to back it up. No matter what level of Star Wars collector you are, anybody that wants a Stormtrooper helmet can now have one. The Stormtrooper Commander is a wonderful new edition to this series that will really stand front and center in any helmet collection.

These are Limited to only 501 and are available exclusively through the following suppliers:

Elite Collectibles Inc (eBay)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/eFX-STAR-W...617?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c2b0dc781
Cozmic Toyz
https://www.cozmictoyz.com/efx-star-wars-force-unleashed-stormtrooper-commander-pcr-helmet.html

IMG_2177.jpg

IMG_2176.jpg

IMG_2163.jpg

IMG_2168.jpg

IMG_2166.jpg

IMG_2164.jpg

IMG_2173.jpg

IMG_2171.jpg

Last edited:
At least the weathering is somehow covering the nasty gap on the tubes which is present on all PCR helmets. Too bad the equivalent Sandtrooper weathering was really bad, looked like the helmet was sprayed with Bantha poodoo.

The thing is that I wouldn't spend a dime on anything that brings money into the pockets of Comical Toyz.

Why? :horror
I haven't ordered from them before, so I'd really like to get feedback about them. @_@

EDIT: is this about the postage issue from a few years ago? :lol

Last edited:
Is the certificate numbered? It's really interesting that they made only 501 of these.

Great review :clap

As some of you may have noticed I've been off the air for about a week (a major house move) and the collection has REGRETFULLY gone into storage. Man, I'm hurting. I had it almost perfect... :(

Mate that suxs about your collection, will you be getting it out soon. Also I would like to know is there a certificate or anything that comes with the helmet that says its limited to only 501.

Mate that suxs about your collection, will you be getting it out soon. Also I would like to know is there a certificate or anything that comes with the helmet that says its limited to only 501.

Can't remember what number the COA was - I'm not that phased (pardon the pun) about COA's, etc. It was in there, but I didn't pay much attention - if fact I couldn't tell you a number of any of my gear, I leaver the COA, plaques, etc in the boxes and just display them clean of any paraphernalia.

The ebay site is where I got it and they have the 501 edition size printed all over it.

Back