Why no SS variants on Halloween's Michael Myers?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

figuremaster_les

AF-FIRMATIVE!
Reaction score
OK, now, being as I prefer Halloween's masked Michael Myers to both Jason (all versions) AND Freddy (all versions), WHY is there only ONE version of Michael available by Sideshow when there were actually several versions possible of him as well?????

- As a kid in the clown mask?

- As he looked (as an adult with mask) in the Original Halloween, as opposed to looking more generic and smooth mask, more like Halloween 4/5, which is what the released SS 12" figure looks like to me (except for the eyes)...?

- Adult with removable mask???? That would be a cool one!

I mean, I know he must not be as popular as these other guys are, but with EVERY variation on Jason available (except as kid in pond at end of first flick!) and Freddy being made, I just feel an imbalance. That's all.
And no Dr. Loomis at least to go with him...Micheal did have a nemesis for a while there...including even his sister....

I just wish some more figureal attention was paid to that film as it did precede all these others and start the "modern" killer movie era up...and I feel Halloween deserves an update on Sideshow's part.

Thanks and hope someone else feels as I do. :D

I'm with you on this one, Les. Personally, I don't think the Myers that Sideshow has already done looks all that great. I would love to see (and order) a brand-new Michael Myers as he appeared in Halloween.

The exclusive could be the clown mask he wore as a six-year-old but with splattered blood on it to make it unique just in case they also make Little Mikey.

I agree Les... Halloween is the scariest movie I've ever seen. For some reason it taps into my deepest fears and just hearing the music is enough to make me freak out a little.

The original SSC effort was a little weak IMO. Being such a huge fan of the movie and NOT having that figure should make that apparent.

I would love to see them try it again, I'm sure that the sculpting could be more accurate now and (hopefully) more classic... ie... the Shatner style mask.

ANY new version with a good sculpt would be keen in my eyes... :D

Here's an other supporter! I'm not a real fan of multiple versions of one character, but I'm definitely a big fan of Halloween. So, Dr. Loomis and Laurie would find a place on my shelves. And, while we're at it: I'd also buy 12" figures from 'The Thing'. Carpenters version of course. I don't mean to highjack the thread, but for me, the original 'The Thing' will always be connected to this movie.

Definitely should be revisted. Would love a more Shat inspired mask and make it removable... nothing like the evil unmasked. A loomis would be pretty damn sweet too! I'm wondering if SS felt that there wasn't enough variation for him and that one figure would suffice for all movies... too bad it was a kinda weak figure.

Definately deserves an update. I wouldn't want a removable mask because we would end up with some crappy rubber thing. I'd rather have interchangebale heads if they wanted an unmasked Myers. I really wouldn't use the head though. They must be afraid to make another because the first didn't do so well, thats only because it didn't look like the classic Shatner mask from 1 and 2. It was the 4 and 5 masks.

I'd be down with the swappable head... but you'd have to have a loose mask that he could hold, or be placed like its being pulled off.

Yeah, I'm waiting for them to make a more accurate version. Hell, I'd like to see them launch a Dimension Films line(similar to New Line Horror) with Michael, Hellraiser, Scream, etc.

Don't get me started on 1/6 Hellraiser figures :drool I was happy just to have the ones from NECA, but a 1/6 Pinhead and Chatterer would be the ****!

I just purchased a customised Myers (looking more like the original movie) from a fellow Freak (thanks Neil...).

I'll post some pics when I get home tonight.

abstractharmony said:
I just purchased a customised Myers (looking more like the original movie) from a fellow Freak (thanks Neil...).

I'll post some pics when I get home tonight.

No problem man!:D So glad you like it
I took afew of it awhile back, without flash that look sorta eerie in dark light.

Les, Im such with your talents you could create an awesome new Myers! The idea of a removable mask one sounds cool though, could it be achieved with a latex?:confused:
Not sure Sideshow will make a new one, but I could efinately see it happening. Its one of those possibilities for Sideshow to choose, as its do-able.

I am 100% agreement with you Les...I love the original film and I love the character, but SS first offering of MM was really weak IMO, so I do not own him. I would love to have at least on high quality MM figure to stand with my Freddys and Jasons...

Galactiboy said:
Don't get me started on 1/6 Hellraiser figures :drool I was happy just to have the ones from NECA, but a 1/6 Pinhead and Chatterer would be the ****!

I very very close secound, behind Medieval Kurgan, these are my dream figures from SS...I would cut of my left testicle for a PF Cenobite line!!!

I am glad to know I am not the only one with this gripe. :D

I did get the Michael, I mean, I had to...but I wish he was better after holding my Jasons and Freddys and saying, "WHY?" with Michael...
There can be more! Absolutely!

Yeah, I really want a MM, but I just can't justify him. The SS version was just too plain looking, especially compared to the awesome job they did on Jason, Freddy and Leatherface... Michaels just a bid sad looking :monkey2

I'd love them to revisit Myers simply due to the first one sucking major monkey balls.Nowadays they could make one of the best 1/6th Myers on the market..so go on ssc..do it!

feedme said:
I'd love them to revisit Myers simply due to the first one sucking major monkey balls.Nowadays they could make one of the best 1/6th Myers on the market..so go on ssc..do it!

:rotfl There ya go! Couldn't have said it any better myself! :D

It's time the Krusaders make way for a crusade worth fighting for.

sideshow-myers.jpg

While not the best SS has ever produced, I do like the Michael Myers figure they released. That doesn't mean I wouldn't buy up a new offering though! :eek:

Kabukiman said:
It's time the Krusaders make way for a crusade worth fighting for.

sideshow-myers.jpg

I agree...except, as a Krusader...I make room on my shelves for both!:maul

And by the way, I too am not that put off by the MM I got, it's just that he doesn't LOOK like the one I want! :D

Back