Space Ghost/Hong Kong Phooe figures review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Last week I checked out a couple of the smaller Jazwares Hanna-Barbera figures, and this week I'm upscaling things a bit with a look at the larger Space Ghost and Hong Kong Phooey. I'm even less impressed, unfortunately. You can find the review at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

There's also a new sponsor for the site - Collector DASH! Please click on one of the links on the main page to check out their site - it's a terrific resource for collectors. Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

Really too bad they're not a little higher quality. Two very nice blasts form the past that deserve great figures. :cuss

The new Space Ghost seems like a definite downgrade... with the exception of Blip. The funny thing is in your review you talk about the previous HB series being from Toycom, I remembered it as Toynami... but when I looked it up the first figure in the series, Space Ghost, was actually an Art Asylum & Toycom release.

Then later figures (Thundarr, Birdman, etc.) were Toynami... so I'm guessing Toycom became Toynami. I was just never aware of the first name :lol

Toycom was the original company (AA did the sculpting). The founder of Toynami came from Toycom, hence the connection in many people's minds.

Back