HCG MVC3 Akuma vs Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Zero

Super Freak
Reaction score
https://www.hollywood-collectibles.com/mvc_doom_akuma.html

akuma_doom1.jpg

Last edited:
Would have been worth considering if it was just Doom or if the other person was a Capcom character actually worth mentioning, but unfortunately it is Akuma.

Strange the base aren't the same color & height? Imo, they should have made one large base for the 2. The pose between the 2 are weird together also.

Yeah, very odd to only sell them together, but to give them different bases and poses that don't make much sense as "versus" pieces IMO. From what I can see, the Doom looks pretty generic, and the paintwork looks a bit overly simplistic for my tastes. Sort of like blown up Bowen statues.

Even the awesomeness of Akuma and Doom doesn't do anything for me. I think it's the paint as well.

So it's a "must have" for everyone then? :lol

Looks like it :rotfl

This "set" was bound to fail. Akuma isn't nearly as iconic as Doctor Doom and pairing Doom with a good guy would have made more sense. To make matters worse, the sculpt/paint looks strange and the bases don't even match. What's the point of something like this if their bases are not connected or even match for that matter? Just looking at these two they don't look like they are related at all let alone about to take each other down.

Looks like it :rotfl

This "set" was bound to fail. Akuma isn't nearly as iconic as Doctor Doom and pairing Doom with a good guy would have made more sense. To make matters worse, the sculpt/paint looks strange and the bases don't even match. What's the point of something like this if their bases are not connected or even match for that matter? Just looking at these two they don't look like they are related at all let alone about to take each other down.

Akuma should be looking up on Doom not down. Just a strange pairing between the 2.

I feel like if it had Ryu standing straight and looking up toward Doom it would have actually been a pretty cool looking dio.

Akuma looks fine but I'm not interested in him. To be fair Dr. Doom's design is a simple one. For a Doom statue to really work without taking Sideshow level liberties in interpreting the costume, the key is the pose and mask. This pose is so standard and fairly relaxed, they preferred the standoff pose. If it was slightly more dynamic or imposing I think people would like it better.

At 1/4 this line has potential to compete with PCS's mixed media SF statues and SS's Marvel PFs because we'll get characters that are now hard to get from PCS and SS for newer collectors. It's an alternative to saving for or tracking the older statues down. Plus for the mixed media haters, you're getting fully sculpted. With that said I hope HC gives much consideration to how they carry these out, it's hard to just do 1/4 and take on what's already established.

Can't wait to see what they do with Spider-Man though. Too bad it won't be sold alone.

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but BBTS has them sold seperately, as well.

Back